MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If ( whichever legal path to Shall Issue ) happened, wouldn't make zero caseload for HPRB , but would be waaaaay smaller .

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm sure Hogan's going to veto both these measures and use the full force of his office's power to protect us. No worries!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm sure Hogan's going to veto both these measures and use the full force of his office's power to protect us. No worries!

Chris Christie signed a Bump Stock ban. Any further questions? ;)

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    So if they do away with the HGRB, then the next step for denial or restriction removal would be the courts.
    1. Argue on economic grounds since that costs $$$.
    2. Shorter path to SCOTUS, but costs even mere $$$$$.
    Sure would be nice to see the courts smack their pee pees though. Of course we know the local courts would be “its for the Children”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Lil Teapot 89

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 31, 2018
    Alright so the bump stock thing, most of us, are against. That's obvious.

The permit review board however, I'm on the fence with. It's already hard enough getting a carry permit in MD.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So if they do away with the HGRB, then the next step for denial or restriction removal would be the courts.
    1. Argue on economic grounds since that costs $$$.
    2. Shorter path to SCOTUS, but costs even mere $$$$$.
    Sure would be nice to see the courts smack their pee pees though. Of course we know the local courts would be “its for the Children”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kind of Judges an appeal will go to are looking for remarkable errors. They will give MSP great deference to whom and how they wish to issue. Have to change the statute, not legislate from the bench.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    They act like the HGPRB was just giving away permits with no basis but MDSP deny permits with no concrete definition of good and substantial

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Chris Christie signed a Bump Stock ban. Any further questions? ;)
    Yes, when is our fine governor going to direct the MSP to shall-issue to end-run the bump-stock bill and show his unwavering commitment to 2A in MD? I was promised this by a certain secret squirrel who was pimping Hogan!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I love this gem of a comment after the article:

grummantbf: "Yes because the last package worked so well. After O'Malley and Frosh's last bit of genius in the FSA of 2013 we now have a record high rate of murders in Baltimore City and the rest of the state is dangerous as ever. But hey the law-abiding middle class guy or girl who just wants to legally purchase a handgun now has to jump through all kinds hoops costing hundreds of dollars, pay for a class, and even get fingerprinted first. And of course the state police have to tie up an entire office of people who could be fighting crime in order to process this mess. But, O'Sleezy and little Brian got to feel important in front of the cameras for a day so I guess it was all worth it. I guess O'Malley figured it would help boost his highly successful presidential campaign."

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Make no mistake folks this is also about them taking on the "Deplorable's" that voted Trump this is their sore feelings lashing out . They even brought up Trump's name

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Alright so the bump stock thing, most of us, are against. That's obvious.

The permit review board however, I'm on the fence with. It's already hard enough getting a carry permit in MD.

Once you give an inch , they will take a mile . I want all my freedoms as a man and as a human .
    My God given rights to bear arms is the whole gun not pieces they want to eliminate .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom