• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Update:

After further review, it appears I am guilty of milking the trigger.

I have been trying to increase my grip strength more and more. Today someone gave me the suggestion to hold the gun with a light grip (lighter than a typical handshake). My accuracy was much better. However this advice is the complete opposite of everything I've read or been told in the past. Does anyone else use a fairly light grip pressure?

I basically went from edge of the target around 7-8 o clock to in the black at 11-1 o clock.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm sure this isn't "Blaster Approved", but I do well when my strong hand(trigger hand) barely holds the gun. My weak hand is actually the gripping hand and my strong hand is free of stress, giving me a much smoother pull. :shrug:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    My grip will loosen every so often. With anything but light recoiling pistols the shots will walk and groups will open up. Grip strength should be about as firm as pounding a nail through two 2x4’s. The pull will seem lighter also. If the trigger pull is heavier than the grip on the pistol, the pistol will move before the bullets exits the barrel.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm sure this isn't "Blaster Approved", but I do well when my strong hand(trigger hand) barely holds the gun. My weak hand is actually the gripping hand and my strong hand is free of stress, giving me a much smoother pull. :shrug:

Hold it as light as you like when shooting slow, aimed fire. It's just peachy when you don't have to worry about accurate follow up shots rapid fire.

I'll just drop this tidbit from an expert about grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom