• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    The A2 upper should be paired with an A2 FSB that is NOT F marked as Chad indicated.

I just ordered and received an A2 custom upper from Del Ton, and their site clearly indicates this. I have no F mark on my FSB.

I have shot it, and can confirm that it works. :party29:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If you send the barrel off to ADCO to have the FSB installed, they'll provide the correct one. Just an idea, in case you don't want to install the taper pins yourself.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you want to build it yourself, I can arrange a 1 on 1 class. You do the work and I show you to do the job with precision and reliability.

I have the Jig for installing FSB's and it will get taper pinned.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I think I'd take Chad up on his offer. Between the cost of tools you might not need again, getting the FSB pinned, and having him supervise the build, it'd be worth it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What would that service cost?

If someone came to me (glen burnie), the price would top out at $400.00 (thats a 4 hour plus block of teaching where I am instructing you to do the work). If you wanted to watch me assemble your gun (takes me about 2 hours to do it properly), it starts at $200, depending on the options needed to complete the firearm. Things like pinning gas blocks, pin & weld muzzle devices add some cost for time, expendables, and tooling.

The experience means you get a fully gauged and blueprinted AR, not just slapped together. My opinion is certainly biased ;) , but if you ask those that have taken my build classes (there is a build class review thread in the SOTAR subforum) they can tell you about the experience and value of the course if you send them a P.M. or start a thread.

Let me know if you are interested and ill schedule something.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Either that or gittin' acquainted with his 6-sided thingamabob. :innocent0
    Well... it could be worse... maybe.... :innocent0

On a more serious note tho, I would also HIGHLY recommend Chad to either build it for you, or even better, take the extra time to learn from one that has more experience with the American Rifle than most of us combined.

I did have the pleasure of taking a build class with Chad and even though I have assembled several, use them all, they all run fine....... after taking his class I am about to dismantle each and every one of them and redo them with attention to the things we were taught, which it wayyyyyy more than just gettin the right parts (so you think, or even if you are sure) and slappin em together. It doesn't matter if it's a retro of a classic AR, or the latest greatest in high tech AR parts and add-ons, you will be much more enlightened when finished and you will have a much more reliable weapon in your hands than you could assemble yourself, even if all the parts are made to spec (which isn't always the case... just ask some of the build class attendees... LOL)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I took the class once, and I throughly enjoyed it. :)

I might have 'im do the FSB for me, but pretty much the rest I can handle since now I dunnit once before. I'm skeered o' goin' near perfectly good firearms with drills.

Yes, but it wasn't a build class, was it? Give a man a fish...

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yes, but it wasn't a build class, was it? Give a man a fish...
    There is a big difference between build class and armorer's course.. I have done both.

Now, I can't blame the man for his fear of the 'Dremel' word and a valuable (or at least potentially valuable) firearm... :lol2::lol2:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    If you don't want to spend the extra $$ to learn as much as you can, you would at least be well served having his assistance to check and assemble the build. If you are daring enough to want to learn how to wield that dremel tool or drill press on yer own, then it's worth the time and $$ ;)

The build class is much more oriented towards the assembly (proper assembly, with a lot of tweaking as you go.. ), more so than the gauging, though that is an integral part of the process as well. The information you get will serve you well with any AR when it comes to tweaking them for optimum performance and troubleshooting issues with them... and... if you have any issues, he is good at helping you, especially if he built it for/with you.... LOL

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you don't want to spend the extra $$ to learn as much as you can, you would at least be well served having his assistance to check and assemble the build. If you are daring enough to want to learn how to wield that dremel tool or drill press on yer own, then it's worth the time and $$ ;)

The build class is much more oriented towards the assembly (proper assembly, with a lot of tweaking as you go.. ), more so than the gauging, though that is an integral part of the process as well. The information you get will serve you well with any AR when it comes to tweaking them for optimum performance and troubleshooting issues with them... and... if you have any issues, he is good at helping you, especially if he built it for/with you.... LOL

What he said^^^You owe it to your self Sling, it's an excellent class.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom