• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnlax38

NOOB
    Nov 19, 2013
    Crofton, MD
    Sorry if this is not the right forum. I did a search for 'handgun requirements' I it returned zero results.

I've been reading the MSP site trying to find any known requirements a handgun must have to be 'legal' in Maryland, or features which deem it illegal. I have read the laws and restrictions for carrying, transporting, transferring, HQL, etc... Does anyone know where I can look at a list of requirements a handgun must meet?

I'm looking to make my first handgun purchase and I want to make sure I am buying the right gun that meets the requirements. I can only find what I must do in order to purchase the gun. I'm used to all of the restrictions for the AR15 and banned list. I don't see any handguns, so maybe I'm just that big of a noob. :mad54::mad54:

My Google Search
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Second question, I can purchase a handgun (regulated firearm) after one month has past my last regulated firearm purchase or six months? A guy at a gun shop told me I had to wait 6 months. I can only find verbiage on MSP that states 1 month, i.e. you can only purchase one regulated firearm per 30 days unless you have special approval etc...

Thank you for any advice.

Intarsiac

Jun 17, 2008
    Southern Maryland

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom