• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01Stroker4x4

Dec 3, 2012
    Fallston, MD
    I have spent several hours reading through posts, asking questions to vendors at the Timonium gun show today and calling numerous FFLs before deciding to make this thread. Please don't hate me.

Background: I have an Arsenal AK being delivered to The Bank Gun and Pawn(Havre De Grace) tomorrow 9/23/2013. I know having it there by Saturday would have been best, stuff happens.

I say hopefully because The Bank is under the impression that they can't legally submit a 77r for a soon to be banned firearms after 9/22/2013(they are not open on Sundays).With a copy of legal documents or a simple call to MSP i'm sure they can be convinced they are at a misunderstanding. If they still refuse service I will have the rifle shipped to another FFL.

Relevant Questions

1) Will a HQL be required to take possession of a banned firearm on Oct. 1st?
    a) If so does anyone have a copy of this illusive document from the AG making this factish?
    b) Does anyone know their FFL's stance on this? (Freestate and two others said they will continue 8 day releasing these firearms at this time. (I know things can change.)

Question 2 is more to pick your brain about the legality of allowing this transfer tomorrow:
    2) I am also filling out transfer paperwork on a stripped lower at the Belair MSP Barracks tomorrow. My friend is the one currently in possession of the lower, we called today and we were told they are still doing person to person transfers on soon to be banned firearms. I am a designated collector.
    a) Will it be up to my friend or anyone in his position to have the liability of determining if the recipient has a valid HQL after Oct. 1st. (dependent on the answer to question 1)
    b) Does the 8 day release apply to this type of transfer?
    i)Can I take legal Possession after 8 Days? (also dependent on the answer to question 1,2b)

3) Just curious, if a firearm is taken on early release and then the owner wants to sell it. Must the firearm be returned to the FFL with which the original 77r was filled out, cancel the original 77r and then have the purchaser submit a new 77r? Or does it just go to the bottom of the never ending pile and things will work themselves out?

Thank you for any time and consideration on these questions. Hopefully some will be answered per COMAR tomorrow.

Regards,

Chris

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    HQL=HANDGUN Qualification License

No need for it to pick up rifles and/or lowers after the Oct 1. Just need a PO or proof it was purchased before the 1st.

01Stroker4x4

Dec 3, 2012
    Fallston, MD
    HQL=HANDGUN Qualification License

No need for it to pick up rifles and/or lowers after the Oct 1. Just need a PO or proof it was purchased before the 1st.

Makes perfect sense to me.... But to all of the other FFLs who seem to be set in stone that a HQL will be required for long guns and lowers where are they getting this information?

I know the wording is in place that states a HQL will be required for handguns. But I would assume no legal document to date exists saying that "A HQL will not be required for the transfer of lowers and rifles".

It would seem that there has to be something more at play here than just the legality issues giving them cold feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom