• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bohanjk

Mar 26, 2013
    I am moving to Maryland next month. I read the laws and FAQ concerning transporting guns into the state. The only thing i see is that you can not have is an assault pistol (which i don't have).

I have a glock 19 and S&W MP40, are those OK to have?

I have hunting rifles and shotguns which seem to be fine to transport. The laws state that if i obtained guns legally i do not have to register them unless I volunteer to. Then it says providing they aren't assault weapons.

However, I do have an AR and AK (which I obtained legally). Do I have to register the AR and AK?

I just wanted resident input on whats OK. I have read all the rules. I just want to make sure they are interpreted correctly.

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    Stay where u are LOL.
    JK
    Welcome to MD.

Best thing to do is contact the Maryland state police. Or an attorney.
    In person would be best.

Even though everyone here are wonderful and we all have great advice, we may not be up to code on the law. ( especially in a state that changes laws in the middle of the night )

It's best to ask for professional advice to keep yourself out of legal troubles.

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    You don't have to register anything you listed.
    Only machine guns have to be registered.

Governor O'Malley's proposed legislation, as passed by the state Senate, would require registration of all "assault" weapons, broadly defined, owned prior to October 1, 2013, unless they are already registered. It would also require new residents to register all handguns (except antiques and muzzleloaders) within 30 days of establishing residency. But the final provisions, if a bill is enacted, may be different.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 423

Bohanjk

Mar 26, 2013
    Governor O'Malley's proposed legislation, as passed by the state Senate, would require registration of all "assault" weapons, broadly defined, owned prior to October 1, 2013, unless they are already registered. It would also require new residents to register all handguns (except antiques and muzzleloaders) within 30 days of establishing residency. But the final provisions, if a bill is enacted, may be different.

All of my guns were registered when purchased. Hope i don't have to re-register them!

nguyenda

May 17, 2012
    All of my guns were registered when purchased. Hope i don't have to re-register them!

It would also require new residents to register all handguns (except antiques and muzzleloaders) within 30 days of establishing residency.

NRA-Benefactor

Defend Freedom
    Feb 4, 2013
    Calvert County
    Wish i could stay put but job is too good. Moving from Alabama where gun laws are just fine.

A good job is not worth living in the Communist state of MD. Been here 46 years, can't wait to leave!!!

When my wife retires in six years, we are out of here.

We do not not care how low our quality of life is, it will be better than here.............

Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom