• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigstacks

Feb 24, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    If you have 30 rd mags are you still allowed to use them here in Maryland? Like for instance if i wanted to take them to the range is it ok?

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Yes, possession is not illegal. Just don't try to transfer(Sell, trade, give away) them to someone else or try to buy some.

Bigstacks

Feb 24, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    nothing fishy just wondering if i could get in trouble for using my clips. my father passed away and I inhereted a safe load of gun stuff. All i ever did was hunt. I never was into the kind of guns that I now own. Just dont wanna get in any trouble. Thanks for the replys.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    The 20 round limit only applies to selling, buying, 'receiving', and 'transferring'. As long as you keep your 21, 30, 50, 100, 173, 599, ∞ round magazines and drums in your personal possession, its ok.

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    Some things should not be talked about right now with all the attacks on the 2A right now. please delete this.

Feb 28, 2013
    Oh geez, can we stop being pantywaists for God sakes?!

Since it was too much to ask for a few inconsiderates here, I will further corroborate the answers to the man's question.

Yes, assuming the ban passes you can keep your hi-cap mags. You just can't but them here, sell them here, or give them to anyone else. It don't matter if it holds 11, 21, 50, 100, whatever. Go to the range, load 'em up, and enjoy yourself.

As for the ones who couldn't be bothered to answer the man's question, grow a spine, and quit being so damn paranoid. As long as laws are complied with as written, what is the problem. And if we can't talk about bullet holding devices on a gun site, well what the hell can we talk about?

Feb 28, 2013
    Gently. They are suffering from Battered Gun Owner Syndrome. Being repeatedly abused by the ignorant, the people in government, and the media takes it's toll after a while.

Yeah, I guess I can understand that. I just don't like to see people ganged up on the way I was when I first showed up.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Oh geez, can we stop being pantywaists for God sakes?!

Since it was too much to ask for a few inconsiderates here, I will further corroborate the answers to the man's question.

Yes, assuming the ban passes you can keep your hi-cap mags. You just can't but them here, sell them here, or give them to anyone else. It don't matter if it holds 11, 21, 50, 100, whatever. Go to the range, load 'em up, and enjoy yourself.

As for the ones who couldn't be bothered to answer the man's question, grow a spine, and quit being so damn paranoid. As long as laws are complied with as written, what is the problem. And if we can't talk about bullet holding devices on a gun site, well what the hell can we talk about?
    PLUS ONE BIG FELLA

Paranoia serves no one but the fear mongers.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    possession is not illegal... transfer,selling or plainly giving it away or receiving it as a gift is illegal. manufacturing it, buying it, transfering it and receiving it out of state and bringing it in the the of Maryland is not illegal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom