• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoNoHarm

by action or inaction
    Oct 9, 2008
    Balto City
    Hello,

Anyone have opinions on the best place around to put some extras on consignment? Or any pros/cons?

I'm in Baltimore City, and considering Continental but have heard very mixed reviews.

Jul 1, 2012
    I would not recommend Armlist (for selling or buying either).
    It is rampant with scammers and no reconciliation if you are on the receiving end.

It can be a lot of work selling something yourself so it's a trade-off.
    Listing on MDS is probably the path of least resistance requiring the minimum effort for a DIY effort;
    doing a GunBroker (or similar) listing is a lot of work and will probably involve packing and shipping.

One con in "con"signment is you lose control of your firearm as it is effectively transferred to the shop.
    Pro - it's fire and forget until the check shows up.

DoNoHarm

by action or inaction
    Oct 9, 2008
    Balto City
    It can be a lot of work selling something yourself so it's a trade-off. Pro - it's fire and forget until the check shows up.

Yeah I'm sort of looking for the easiest way to sell - with 4 guns it would definitely be easiest to make one trip to drop them off at a shop, although I do realize I'll get less back for them that way.

Maybe I will post them here just to see what comes of it.

Thanks for the responses!

DoNoHarm

by action or inaction
    Oct 9, 2008
    Balto City
    Just know that if you change your mind, you will have to do the background check to get them back.

So. . . dumb question. I haven't bought or sold in several years - so I never did get a HQL. Would I have to have it to re-acquire the handguns from a shop??

So. . . dumb question. I haven't bought or sold in several years - so I never did get a HQL. Would I have to have it to re-acquire the handguns from a shop??

My understanding is yes. The firearms are transferred to the FFL's bound book and they would have to transfer them back to you.
    Throw them in the classifieds at a good price and they'll sell quickly.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Hello,

Anyone have opinions on the best place around to put some extras on consignment? Or any pros/cons?

I'm in Baltimore City, and considering Continental but have heard very mixed reviews.

Check United, in Rockville. I know they aren’t next door but they are a reputable shop and do a lot of consignment biz. So your sale will get eyeballs on it. They are also a forum sponsor, so tell them you heard about them here and maybe they cut you a deal.

I have no connection to them. Haven’t bought anything from them (yet). But their customer service has been great at responding to my questions and inquiries, so it’s likely just a matter of time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Check United, in Rockville. I know they aren’t next door but they are a reputable shop and do a lot of consignment biz. So your sale will get eyeballs on it. They are also a forum sponsor, so tell them you heard about them here and maybe they cut you a deal.

I have no connection to them. Haven’t bought anything from them (yet). But their customer service has been great at responding to my questions and inquiries, so it’s likely just a matter of time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

United @ Rockville, They are top NOTCH!

I have sold/bought several through consignments deals. all were good turnaround.

bradg

May 12, 2017
    I have been happy with the service I have received from Top Gun in Fallston.
    I have also gotten good service from J&K on the east side of Aberdeen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom