• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Very much thinking about a complete upper from PSA in 300 Blackout to slap on top of a Colt M4 receiver. Any legal requirements to consider since we live in the crazy state of MD? The idea is to get a 16 inch barrel to go with. Also, does PSA make complete rifles which are good for MD? PSA just seems to have great deals. Thanks for your input.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Just got through lengthy discussions with PSA. There new compliance folks considered the 300 upper banned in MD do to lack of HBAR. I pushed back as one of folks with dealer pricing. They agreed to contact MSP and it is now supposedly fixed. Still awaiting shipment of one though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Very much thinking about a complete upper from PSA in 300 Blackout to slap on top of a Colt M4 receiver. Any legal requirements to consider since we live in the crazy state of MD? The idea is to get a 16 inch barrel to go with. Also, does PSA make complete rifles which are good for MD? PSA just seems to have great deals. Thanks for your input.

just my opinion, but PSA is the hi-point of the pistol world. You get what you pay for. i'd buy from somewhere else as psa's produce now, let the customer do all our QC for us later model has bitten me in the ass once.

BUT- To answer your question, yes psa makes complete rifles that are good to go in Maryland. Have your local gun shop order you one, and you'll likely pay the price psa is asking plus a transfer fee and be done with it.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    For what it's worth...if you're going with a 300 BLK, I would buy a new lower with the intent to make it into a pistol. 300 BLK works very well as a cartridge in pistol length barrels, and if you put a brace on it (which have gotten pretty nice over the past few years) I think you'll enjoy it more. Just something to ponder.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    For what it's worth...if you're going with a 300 BLK, I would buy a new lower with the intent to make it into a pistol. 300 BLK works very well as a cartridge in pistol length barrels, and if you put a brace on it (which have gotten pretty nice over the past few years) I think you'll enjoy it more. Just something to ponder.

Yup, 300 Blackout makes plenty of velocity from even a nine inch barrel. I'd go that route, unless there's a hunting regulation that keeps you from using a pistol.

And I'd go somewhere else besides PSA. There's a reason they have low prices.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I thought the PSA BCGs had good feedback, even from Chad. More paperweights, great.

I have a couple and they are okay. PSA doesn't make them in-house. A complete upper is a crapshoot, though.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have a couple and they are okay. PSA doesn't make them in-house. A complete upper is a crapshoot, though.
    Yeah, I got friends and family pricing from Spikes for while and even there my friend said he would go to "His" guy on the floor to get things assembled "just right".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom