• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Thanks UD! You must've read my mind. That's exactly what I was thinking.

My pleasure! I’m sure that scope would serve you very well.

Just by way of mention....

If this was last year when they were being closed out, Leupold’s VX-2 # 110808 was then still available in a number of the supply houses, and would have been a peach of a scope on that rifle also. The scope is a 4x12x40 AO with a fine duplex reticle and an adjustable objective. It’s a very versatile scope for rimfires and centerfires both, where small targets are in play, and parallax adjustability is desirable. Leupold significantly consolidated their line and, sadly IMO as it nicely fills a rimfire niche especially, they haven’t yet seen fit to replace it.

Just thought I’d mention this one also, should you encounter one at a show or on e-Bay or elsewhere. Worth a look also IMO. Good Luck with your new rig, and we’ll look forward to seeing your latest .22!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    OvugjOi.jpg

I can honestly say that after today's trip to the range, if I buy a .22 rifle it'll be this thing. I'd be glad to hear your recommendations for glass because that's what drives me nuts the most about rifles: trying to pick a scope.
    Z, thanks for the comments. I'll put up a Tikka T1x vs CZ Varmint 455 shoot out thread in the Rimfire section tonight or tomorrow. As you saw, 5 shot touching groups at 50 yards, smaller than a dime, is straightforward with both rifles. The glass on both were Weaver Grand Slam (4-16x) and Super Slam (3-15x) which compares nicely and, imo, exceeds Leupold VX-2. However, the Leupolds are slightly lighter.
    My pleasure! I’m sure that scope would serve you very well.

Just by way of mention....

If this was last year when they were being closed out, Leupold’s VX-2 # 110808 was then still available in a number of the supply houses, and would have been a peach of a scope on that rifle also. The scope is a 4x12x40 AO with a fine duplex reticle and an adjustable objective. It’s a very versatile scope for rimfires and centerfires both, where small targets are in play, and parallax adjustability is desirable. Leupold significantly consolidated their line and, sadly IMO as it nicely fills a rimfire niche especially, they haven’t yet seen fit to replace it.

Just thought I’d mention this one also, should you encounter one at a show or on e-Bay or elsewhere. Worth a look also IMO. Good Luck with your new rig, and we’ll look forward to seeing your latest .22!
    Yeah, for target shooting, would go at least 4-12x if not 6-18x if one could source a Leupold VX-2 with parallax adjustment (AO) since they reconfigured their line. Have a Leupold VX-2 3-9x AO EFR (with fine duplex reticle) on my CZ 452 American that makes for a great field rifle, but is hard to shoot against my CZ 455 Varmint with the Weaver GS 4-16x when evaluating at 100 yards. In fact I would like more magnification for this distance if shooting for groups.

FYI, for those shopping Leupold on eBay, like some other manufacturers (Magpul, Trijicon, etc), there is a thriving industry of Chinese knockoffs being sold as authentic ...

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...selling-counterfeit-leupold-rifle-scopes.html

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    A few years ago I picked up a Marlin 60 from Gun Connection. Dan made me a great deal on it but I've never fired it.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Mine was also a Tikka T1x that I pre-ordered last January when they were announced and received right before Christmas. It is a really nice shooting rifle. Mine seems to like the CCI standard velocity and the Wolf match the best so far. Anything copper plated and the groups open up. I have an SWFA 3-15x42 mounted on it.

eoKQ2QTTSvyEgfh29b4BXw_thumb_1fb.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Fidelity did you take out the barrel shoe horn or leave it in? I have read mixed results. Mine seems to shoot better with it out.

Hey, I didn't know about the shoe horn. I need to catch up on the Tikka threads at RFC. I just started an MDS thread here ...

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5481776

... quoting your post and adding a picture. If you might follow up there, it would be great.

Ps. I also saw nice results with CCI SV on my first outing with the rifle.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    Marlin 99M1. Stock had been shortened, rear sight missing, needed a hammer and scope was added. $68.00 about 2 weeks ago.

PHP:

Attachments

• 99m1.jpg
      99m1.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 222

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That's a hard question. I think it was my Ruger 10/22 Talo M1 clone. My usual .22 snag list consists of anything Taurus or Rossi in a gallery gun, see them occasionally at "fair" prices but not often.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I just picked up this yesterday...Ruger 10-22 RSI International. It has a black laminate Mannlicher stock and blue metal. I picked it up NIB pretty cheap on an online auction based in NY.
    10-22.jpg

Here it is with my other .22 in a Mannlicher stock...CZ 452 which is a great shooter.
    10-22-CZ.jpg

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I just picked up this yesterday...Ruger 10-22 RSI International. It has a black laminate Mannlicher stock and blue metal. I picked it up NIB pretty cheap on an online auction based in NY.

Here it is with my other .22 in a Mannlicher stock...CZ 452 which is a great shooter.

Cool looking stocks. Don't see that on a 10/22 very often.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    IMG_0041-1.jpg

Vudo V22 Barreled Action in an Masterpiece Arms Chassis with a Khales scope. I use this as my Precision Rifle practice gun. I can switch the barreled actions between my 6.5 x 47 and my 22lr with 2 screws. I use the 22lr for Practical Rimfire competitions shooting targets between 15 and 300 yards from uncomfortable positions under time constraints. The Mid Atlantic Rimfire Series (MARS) has 18, 22lr practical, precision rimfire shoots this year. I highly recommend attending a shoot with whatever 22lr setup you have. Shooters have done extremely well with stock guns and inexpensive scopes.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom