• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Whether the G27 or 33, extended range visits result in a blood blister bottom of trigger finger. Maybe holster work and a quicker, less deliberate, positioning of the finger on the trigger?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Is there a chance you're pinching your finger between the trigger and the guard? I do this on sub-compact pistols, and it makes them uncomfortable to shoot more than a few rounds at a time.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I am by no stretch of the imagination any kind of authority on drawing and firing but I would suggest slowing down a little and work until the proper finger placement on the trigger becomes what your muscles remember. The key is "muscle memory". You teach the muscles and they develop the "muscle memory" so when you perform an action, it requires no conscious thought. Try working with the gun unloaded first. Once you get comfortable with a smooth and fluid action increase the speed of your practice. If you begin to have problems with your finger again, slow down a little, The important thing is perfectly smooth execution. This will make you much more likely to remain calm under duress and perform as you have practiced.
    Insure that each time you draw that the pad of your finger lands squarely in the middle of the trigger.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Probably not help because it sounds like you more want to be practicing for carry. Wear gloves?

I almost always wear shooting gloves (well, mechanix multicam utility gloves, the thin ones that have no Velcro). Some of my guns are comfy to shoot hundreds of rounds out of, some aren’t. My G17 after a couple of hundred rounds, the trigger safety tends to rub my trigger finger a little raw. I don’t have that problem with gloves on.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Shooting my Taurus PT140 and the M&P Shield in .40s/w results rather quickly in a pinched trigger finger; area below the fingernail. Both guns have quite a bit of snap and it's hard for me to shoot more than twenty rounds out of either.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Same problem with my Glock 17... discomfort after about 50 rounds-- no blisters yet but I rarely shoot more than 150 rounds during a range session with that particular firearm

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Is there a chance you're pinching your finger between the trigger and the guard? I do this on sub-compact pistols, and it makes them uncomfortable to shoot more than a few rounds at a time.

Yes, i think this is what i am doing. I shot 125 sig 357s. Problem does not exist with p226 or shield in 9s.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I am by no stretch of the imagination any kind of authority on drawing and firing but I would suggest slowing down a little and work until the proper finger placement on the trigger becomes what your muscles remember. The key is "muscle memory". You teach the muscles and they develop the "muscle memory" so when you perform an action, it requires no conscious thought. Try working with the gun unloaded first. Once you get comfortable with a smooth and fluid action increase the speed of your practice. If you begin to have problems with your finger again, slow down a little, The important thing is perfectly smooth execution. This will make you much more likely to remain calm under duress and perform as you have practiced.
    Insure that each time you draw that the pad of your finger lands squarely in the middle of the trigger.

Thank you. Makes good sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom