• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I had a semi-private (others were present) conversation with Anne Arundel County Sheriff Bateman a couple days ago. He volunteered that he supports the 2nd Amendment but that he also supports an assault weapons ban. He said, "I don't think people should be allowed to run around with AK-47s."

After I confronted him on his political double-speak, he ended the conversation with, "We will just have to agree to disagree."

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I had a semi-private (others were present) conversation with Anne Arundel County Sheriff Bateman a couple days ago. He volunteered that he supports the 2nd Amendment but that he also supports an assault weapons ban. He said, "I don't think people should be allowed to run around with AK-47s."

After I confronted him on his political double-speak, he ended the conversation with, "We will just have to agree to disagree."

Idiot. Just remember that come election time!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    did you ask him where are the reports? if its true that they see people running around with ak?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    You should have asked him what he thought the intent/meaning of the 2nd amendment was.

Frequently public officials say they support the 2nd "with restrictions". Of course this is ludicrous to anyone that has any real understanding of the 2nd. But for the ignorant crowd, if they (the official) agree to allow a single shot .22 and nothing else they are pro-2nd. Politicians thrive on the ignorance of their constituents.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    did you ask him where are the reports? if its true that they see people running around with ak?

exactly...here's the other thing...if someone isnt committing a crime what difference does it make what they are open carrying? They had an open carry rally out here and people had m4's pistols, ak's etc it was strange to see but still not one shot was fired no one was robbed everyone went about their business:D

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR

Well that can't happen now.......we don't have open carry in MD.....what a moron

Mr H

Banana'd

I don't think I'm telling tales out of school, but I mentioned Bateman to Fred. Co. Sheriff Jenkins in our conversation yesterday, and I got a "good luck with that" kind of look and a wry smile. In fact, Jenkins has told me previously that he isn't (my assessment) very impressed with most of his counterparts in the state.

Disclaimer: I knew the Batemans growing up and played baseball with Ron as a kid, but haven't had contact with them for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom