• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    So I tried this stuff after I saw a post about it a few weeks ago by AB in a different thread. I was apprehensive but I bought a case of it because Bacon. I am generally picky about my bacon but this is emergency bacon.

Is it the best bacon you have had? Absolutely not.

Is it good enough to satisfy a bacon craving in a difficult situation. Yes!

It is as good or better than fast food restaurant bacon. Ready to eat straight from the can. I put mine on a baking sheet and warmed it before making a couple bacon and tomato sammiches. I sware there is some tomato under there.

I have eaten half the can and will update this post if there are dire digestive issues.

Update - No digestive distress. Possibly increased flatulence but I blame the tomato.

Attachments

• 2C6E4A6A-C6BB-466F-90DD-1C714C2E40C8.jpg
      2C6E4A6A-C6BB-466F-90DD-1C714C2E40C8.jpg
      80.1 KB · Views: 658
    • 45E0F253-EC45-4859-B2E6-A4F3E75AA309.jpg
      45E0F253-EC45-4859-B2E6-A4F3E75AA309.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 614
    Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've got two cans on the shelf for SHTF. And I'm REALLY hoping that eating won't literally make the SHTF. So, looking forward to you 24-hour retrospective.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It looks good , I was wondering how it tasted . If I see a can or two I may get it once things settle down . I will get my pantry in line in the next year buying a few cans a week .

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    It tastes good. The texture is a little off for me but that may be because it is thinly sliced. I just warmed it. I did not try to make it crispy.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    It is not packed in liquid. It is layers of cooked bacon on parchment paper rolled up and stuffed into a can. It helps to open both sides and push the roll out.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I ordered a can of Yoder bacon out of curiosity from Amazon over a year ago. Still have it with "the food stash". Right there with the case of Spam, the case of Vienna sausages, and the nine cans of Hormel Corned Beef. Also accompanied by the case of Stagecoach Chili, and 12 cans of Chicken breast (chunks), and the 12 cans of White Albacore Tuna. And still accompanied by the 48 or so tins of Sardines in olive oil. Finalized with the 12 cans of Safeway Select corned Beef Hash.

I need to get more cans of Yoder Bacon. It's lonely by itself. :)

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    That's ridiculously priced.

What would it take to buy $270 worth of bacon, cook it properly in the oven and then vacuum seal it. Would it keep or is that canned bacon packed with a preservative?

They produced the “Tactical Bacon” originally as a joke. A fool and his money...

It’s exactly the same thing as the Yoder bacon, but in a more tactical can. :lol2:

DOM

Nov 19, 2012
    I have used this bacon before. I unpack it, set it on paper towels on a flat baking tray, put it in the oven for 10 min at 225 and it comes out pretty usable.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have used this bacon before. I unpack it, set it on paper towels on a flat baking tray, put it in the oven for 10 min at 225 and it comes out pretty usable.
    If you're going to cook bacon, why don't you cook bacon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom