• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    When people think of prepping they often only think of food!

Hand tools are some of the best prep if the power goes out!

An old bit and brace.!
    Pry bars.
    Sledge hammer, one large and one small
    Miter box and saw
    Tree saws.

Some of the best tools I have found is from auctions!
    Good tools that have been well used, most are cheap because the newer generation are not interested in working with the hands.

What tools to you have for when those power tools won't work.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Tunneling bar. I've done so much stuff with one of those.

Me and my father in law are the kings of brutal hand tools. Sledge hammers crow bars anything.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    hand tools are good. handguns are better!

If stuff really does grind down, I plan to spend the inevitable period of stupidity catching up on range time, reloading (yes, mechanical tools), and reading.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    A pistol, because I'll take your tools and food from you

Be careful to not write a check your ass can not cash!

If stuff really does grind down, I plan to spend the inevitable period of stupidity catching up on range time, reloading (yes, mechanical tools), and reading.

Burning up your stores of ammo to practice, will not be what I want to do..

Reading is always a must! If you have real books and not electronics!

Which would be a whole new thread.. Of what books to have on hand.. Wshtf

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I bet you couldn't could pull a greasy string from a sick cats ass even with your pistol.
    ...nor a sock from a Dachshund's arse...

...Burning up your stores of ammo to practice, will not be what I want to do..
    We learned this a few years ago. Now we have piles of .22

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I have tons of old hand tools handed down from the last 4 generations to me. Until I learned how to sharpen plane blades, chisels, and hand saws.... well, before that, they were single use items. Use of old tools involves more than making them do things. You need to be able to maintain them too.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What’s a good place to get a fire department Halligan Bar? I’ve always wanted one and it looks pretty useful.

Attachments

• 6AB9A0CC-15A0-4876-A468-0F9D0B5BB538.jpeg
      6AB9A0CC-15A0-4876-A468-0F9D0B5BB538.jpeg
      4.5 KB · Views: 764

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    http://https://www.thefirestore.com/store/category.aspx/categoryId/935/Halligans-Pry-Tools/#/orderby/9

Also, Amazon periodically has then in stock. I've seen a Estwing version on there.

Aside from breaching, also works great at breaking up pallets.

My favored breaching tool.

Pick up a block and tackle along with rope and a snatch block so you can lift and move heavy things. Learn the correct way to reeve a block:
    https://www.samselsupply.com/HTReeveManila.html

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I didn't say that I'd burn up my whole supply. The simple fact is that I work a lot and if for some bravo sierra reason we have an enforced "no work" period I plan to hit the range.

As for electronic reading, I prefer paper. Tried a family member's reading tablet (kindle i think) for about half an hour. No thanks.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I didn't say that I'd burn up my whole supply. The simple fact is that I work a lot and if for some bravo sierra reason we have an enforced "no work" period I plan to hit the range.

As for electronic reading, I prefer paper. Tried a family member's reading tablet (kindle i think) for about half an hour. No thanks.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Those links are for ordering printed on paper books. Electronic books are to likely to disappear in a real SHTF emergency.

This company HamiltonBook.com LLC is a good source for discount books and has a single flat rate $4.00 charge for shipping no matter how many books you order.
    https://www.hamiltonbook.com/

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Those links are for ordering printed on paper books. Electronic books are to likely to disappear in a real SHTF emergency.

This company HamiltonBook.com LLC is a good source for discount books and has a single flat rate $4.00 charge for shipping no matter how many books you order.
    https://www.hamiltonbook.com/
    Libraries...personal collections of books are gonna come back in style.

While I’d hate to use a vintage MaxBrand for arsewipe, the third time I read one, well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom