• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The front and rear sight are on the same plane but I run out of elevation adjustment on the front sight and it's still shooting 5 in low at 100 yards. Is it possible the sight post itself is too tall or maybe it goes from being a target sight picture to a combat sight picture?

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MPSFS10BTD

Attachments

• 20200310_040416.jpg
      20200310_040416.jpg
      94.2 KB · Views: 266

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can you grind away the bottom of the front sight post to stop it from bottoming out? Or do you think the tritium will disappear as a result?

Barrel bent, receiver needs faced, loose barrel nut?????

Loose barrel nut, no. Torqued to 60ft lbs.

Now, the receiver needing faced is going to have me buying a new upper receiver as Bcm uppers are manufactured thicker in the extension for the barrel to make it a tight fit and at the risk of damaging something in the process I did not re face the upper as I do to all my other uppers as a matter of course. You have to use a heat gun to expand the aluminum to insert the barrel extension in.

The barrel is from Criterion which from what I've read is a good company to buy barrels from so I'm hesitant to look at the barrel as the source. I guess I could roll it on a flat surface to see if it's straight?

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Sounds like very good components and built well, so I doubt those are your issues...but always good to consider. Keep us posted on it please

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    My guess remains that it is a known issue. I’m just guessing further but offsets tend to not be same as top mount. I’ve installed several Blitzkriegs. Almost all were in fixed sights. While that doesn’t help you per se, I had no problems with them. Not cause I’m a smith but more likely because that’s the application they were designed and built for...

A call costs nothing but a little time. The manufacturer has staff with expertise. Lord knows I’ve called a few and sent back this or that over the years to be fixed and or for me to be told, operator error.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom