• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Here is guy repping a service for real SHTF drugs.

The company has doctors that you consult with and they prescribe and ship the meds for $260 (there is also the youtuber's discount -$20 good thru mid-February), so $240 today.

The "kit" includes the following:

Unlimited physician follow-up for any questions relating to the use of any medication prescribed

Emergency Antibiotic Guide written by board-certified physicians as a companion to the use of your prescribed antibiotics

Amoxicillin-clavulanate 875 mg tablets (28 tablets)
    Azithromycin 250 mg tablets (6 tablets)
    Ciprofloxacin 500 mg tablets (28 tablets)
    Doxycycline 100 mg capsules (120 capsules)
    Metronidazole 500 mg tablets (30 tablets)

Each medical bundle is intended as an emergency supply for ONE ADULT.

* In the case of medication allergies the medications above may be substituted or removed at the discretion of the physician.

-----

FWIW I priced out the drugs/quantities above and I could get them for as low ~$82 by visiting a few local pharmacies (used GoodRx.com for pricing). Obviously that doesn't include the doctors consultation.

-----

I didn't compare the pricing to "fish" antibotics.

What say you?

Try it. Go to your Provider, get prescriptions for all those meds at one time then get them filled. Tell us how easy it was

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maybe Teratos will chime in, but I thought antibiotics had a fairly short shelf life of a year or so.

Interestingly, most antibiotics maintain potency to about 20 years, if properly stored. The only one on the list that can be a problem is doxycycline. I wouldn't use it more than 5 years past it's expiration.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    So is a "gram staining kit," agar, and a microscope needed to figure out what type of antibiotic is best to use in a particular situation?

Or is that something you figure out based on symptoms?

I'm assuming in a post SHTF situation internet won't be available for research. Maybe a good time to pick up a used Physician's Desk Reference or something. . .

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’m already stocked on the antibiotics and the other basic OTC stuff, so I figured I would add some next tier items.

Thinking about adding the following items to my SHTF kit

Epinephrine

Albuterol 1 hfa inhaler (8.5g) of albuterol 90mcg

ivermectin tablets 3mg
    https://m.goodrx.com/ivermectin

predniSONE tablets 20mg
    https://m.goodrx.com/prednisone

methylprednisolone
    Blister Packs (21 tablets) of 4mg tablets

Any other non-controlled items I should be thinking about adding?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’m already stocked on the antibiotics and the other basic OTC stuff, so I figured I would add some next tier items.

Thinking about adding the following items to my SHTF kit

Epinephrine

Albuterol 1 hfa inhaler (8.5g) of albuterol 90mcg

ivermectin tablets 3mg
    https://m.goodrx.com/ivermectin

predniSONE tablets 20mg
    https://m.goodrx.com/prednisone

methylprednisolone
    Blister Packs (21 tablets) of 4mg tablets

Any other non-controlled items I should be thinking about adding?

What is the ivermectin for? Planning on a parasitic infection? Because the dose is two tablets, 24hrs apart.

Epinephrine is good if you have severe allergies. Otherwise really only useful if you are a trauma doc/have access to immediate medical care (If you need it for someone in cardiac arrest, you better have access to hospital level care to treat what is wrong with them toot sweet or you are aren't really helping them).

For something helpful, maybe atropine? Not a whole lot of uses that would be common. But if you end up scavenging the wrong kind of mushrooms, stumble upon some night shade in your forest garden salad (or never agents) it is useful.

All of the standard OTCs of course.

Acetaminophen
    Ibuprofen
    Naproxen Sodium
    diphenhydramine
    Topical anti-fungals
    If you have any ladies in your family, stuff to treat yeast infections and feminine sanitary products
    Rubbing alcohol
    Benzocaine
    Antibiotic salves
    Burn cream
    Cortisone cream

And make sure you first aid kit(s) overfloweth

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    What is the ivermectin for? Planning on a parasitic infection? Because the dose is two tablets, 24hrs apart.

Epinephrine is good if you have severe allergies. Otherwise really only useful if you are a trauma doc/have access to immediate medical care (If you need it for someone in cardiac arrest, you better have access to hospital level care to treat what is wrong with them toot sweet or you are aren't really helping them).

For something helpful, maybe atropine? Not a whole lot of uses that would be common. But if you end up scavenging the wrong kind of mushrooms, stumble upon some night shade in your forest garden salad (or never agents) it is useful.

All of the standard OTCs of course.

Acetaminophen
    Ibuprofen
    Naproxen Sodium
    diphenhydramine
    Topical anti-fungals
    If you have any ladies in your family, stuff to treat yeast infections and feminine sanitary products
    Rubbing alcohol
    Benzocaine
    Antibiotic salves
    Burn cream
    Cortisone cream

And make sure you first aid kit(s) overfloweth

I did some research and I don’t plan on self medicating unless we are in a real SHTF situation. So the a ivermectin could be useful in that case.

The epipens are sort of the same thing. So far in my life I dont think I had a life threatening reaction but I did have a few close scares. Back in my 20s I was mowing the lawn and ran over a nest of ground bees. I got stung maybe 40 times and had some sever swelling and trouble breathing. Also at my last job a women had some sort of allergic reaction latex gloves. At the time she didn’t know she was allergic and we had no idea what was happening. She couldn’t breathe and when the paramedics arrived they gave her epinephrine. From that point forward she carried an epipen. So I just figured as a second tier emergency item for SHTF situations maybe worth having them.

Again I’ve got the first aid basics from your suggested list totally covered. Then I added some antibiotics a few years ago. Now am moving onto some more specialized items. My friend who is buying them for me overseas is paying less than what my co-pay would be here in the usa with a prescription. So that last list cost me $50 and included 5 epipens which run about $150 each in the states.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Where is everyone sourcing their meds from if they are all prescribed?

I typically fulfilled the full prescription even if the Doctors cut back..:innocent0
    I have Bactrim, prednisone, and
    Tacrolimus(A personal problem) :o
    All kept.
    I might have other stuff. See? Sometimes it pays to almost die. Im prepped for next time.:D

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    This has probably been mentioned, but JASE medical is a good resource. I have their "JASE Case" and it was like $240 or something. I may add Zofran and Fluconazole. I have also added Iodine tablets to the kit which I purchased on Amazon and Immodium from Walmart.

Last edited:

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    It looks like the "fish antibiotics" train is over. I had an auto buy set up with one of the listed companies in the linked article. They would send me a bottle or two every couple of months of the fish antibiotics. I received an email this morning saying all my subscriptions have been cancelled. I can't even find them listed on their website for sale anymore. It looks like big brother is cracking down on the evils of self-reliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom