HoCo
    Yes
    Likely on gunbroker or gunsamerica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Not a bad price. I was gonna order some but it came out to .40 a round with shipping and tax

True, but one of the lowest prices for 308 online. Someone had some Tula 308 on here, 500rds, for 180 and I was gonna click but got distracted and was gone when I came back. Many of the typical big retailers have jacked up the prices, and Barnaul is one of the better Russian brands. I grabbed 1 case for my Vepr to make sure it's well fed. We'll see if the order arrives.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Old Western Scrounger just dropped the price on their Yugo M48 sporters (only the wood has been modified, metal is uncut and all parts are there) to $199. Shipping to our neck of the woods is $15 IIRC.

That ain't a bad price for a complete Mauser-action rifle.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Old Western Scrounger just dropped the price on their Yugo M48 sporters (only the wood has been modified, metal is uncut and all parts are there) to $199. Shipping to our neck of the woods is $15 IIRC.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County

That’s true. Has anyone been able to source good stocks to replace the sporters?

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    RTI just posted some Enfields, No.1Mk.1 for $499. I dont know much about them and have no clue if that is a good price. They seem maybe fair to good condition. Any thoughts?? I hate that their hand select is $100 for everything. Seems a bit of a stretch.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    That’s true. Has anyone been able to source good stocks to replace the sporters?

Ebay is your best bet. I picked up a very good one with all the hardware for $100. Just had to fix a minor crack.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    RTI just posted some Enfields, No.1Mk.1 for $499. I dont know much about them and have no clue if that is a good price. They seem maybe fair to good condition. Any thoughts?? I hate that their hand select is $100 for everything. Seems a bit of a stretch.

Saw that too and I would not mind spending $500 on one but I so have a hard time rolling the dice on one without inspecting it. Especially the bore and muzzle.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Funny enough, I just measured my Yugo K98 (finally) 23-5/8" from muzzle to bolt face. That's OG K98 profile. So, I need a K98 stock set correct?

Yep, a standard K98 stock is what you need. I was able to find one with Yugo refurb markings.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Yep, a standard K98 stock is what you need. I was able to find one with Yugo refurb markings.

Ordered a Yugo K98 stock from Liberty Tree with cupped butt plate. They say it's full length K98 bbl and not cut back 1/2" so we'll see. Grabed a medium-dark upper K98 hand guard, spring, bands, front sight hood, and repro sling. If it doesn't fit, I'll return and get the repro K98 stock set for a little more.

Also, having stimulus money burning a hole in my pocket, I was perusing many of the C&R sites. Simpson LTD has a plethora of Husq 1907s in and a good amount of Kongsberg 1914s for those looking for a WWII Axis powers WaA marked 1911.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Ordered a Yugo K98 stock from Liberty Tree with cupped butt plate. They say it's full length K98 bbl and not cut back 1/2" so we'll see. Grabed a medium-dark upper K98 hand guard, spring, bands, front sight hood, and repro sling. If it doesn't fit, I'll return and get the repro K98 stock set for a little more.

Also, having stimulus money burning a hole in my pocket, I was perusing many of the C&R sites. Simpson LTD has a plethora of Husq 1907s in and a good amount of Kongsberg 1914s for those looking for a WWII Axis powers WaA marked 1911.

Just a heads up on those WaA84 Kongsbergs they have....a decent number of theirs are import marked at the magazine well (tiny, but it’s there). Seems they’ve been bringing a number of them into the country the last couple years. I’ve been in the market for one of these, but personally I can’t stand import marks so I’ve been holding out for a non-import marked example especially when they run $5-8k. There are also some floating around that have had the import mark filed off....may not matter to every collector but just something to keep in mind when looking one of these pistols over.

Jul 1, 2012
    Most of the Swedish and Norwegian pistols Simpson gets are import marked.
    Even some of the US pistols are since they've come back across from German shooting clubs for instance.
    More than a few Woodsman, High Standard, etc.

I'm not a fan of import marks either but it's extremely hard to find some models, like P38K, w/o a mark of some kind.
    At least Simpson makes them as small and unobtrusive as legally possible, usually on the mag well lip for semi's.

An idea of what to look for. The requirement for these marks is just silly and painful...
    when the Dr. Sturgess collection was imported (by Simpson) some of the rarest Lugers, P.38's and prototypes had to be marked like that.
    Aaargh!

Attachments

• yyy.jpg
      yyy.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 318

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Just a heads up on those WaA84 Kongsbergs they have....a decent number of theirs are import marked at the magazine well (tiny, but it’s there). Seems they’ve been bringing a number of them into the country the last couple years. I’ve been in the market for one of these, but personally I can’t stand import marks so I’ve been holding out for a non-import marked example especially when they run $5-8k. There are also some floating around that have had the import mark filed off....may not matter to every collector but just something to keep in mind when looking one of these pistols over.

Simpsons has the best import marks going. Done with a laser and they are small and they try to hide them somewhere not obvious. To continue the Husqvarna line they usually have a ton of husqvarna bolt actions that are very nice and pretty affordable. They seem to be priced a little higher now but a year or two ago I bought a C&R Husqvarna 1640 in 30-06 from them for I think 350 or so. Very nice rifle. looked like new.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Simpsons has the best import marks going. Done with a laser and they are small and they try to hide them somewhere not obvious. To continue the Husqvarna line they usually have a ton of husqvarna bolt actions that are very nice and pretty affordable. They seem to be priced a little higher now but a year or two ago I bought a C&R Husqvarna 1640 in 30-06 from them for I think 350 or so. Very nice rifle. looked like new.

I have been watching their Husky page hoping to find an affordable gem

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom