• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Anyone have any extended experience with this little pistol they would share here? Particularly issues with reliability. Or not.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Anyone have any extended experience with this little pistol they would share here? Particularly issues with reliability. Or not.

Pull the trigger and it goes bang. I have found it a really nice EDC. I'm partial to Talon grips, the rubbery kind, and it sorts a set lt those.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Haven't put a ton of rounds through mine but I've fired a variety of 115 and 124 grain rounds (FMJ and hollow points) with zero issues so far. I keep looking for striker drag and trigger reset spring scratches but haven't noticed anything. The born date for mine is September so it's possible that changes were made to resolve the issues.

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Mine runs like a top and carries like a dream. Think it was born in August. Over a thousand rounds through it. Mostly Speer lawman and HST’s.
    I have striker drag, but it has never hiccuped.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Hi all. What do you use to look up date of manuf, and does sig have a discount program similar to glock’s blue label?

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Sig has a 25% off military discount for firearms if you buy from their pro shop in New Hampshire (also no sales tax and free shipping). Not sure about LE.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Hi all. What do you use to look up date of manuf, and does sig have a discount program similar to glock’s blue label?

Date is on the label on the side of the box, so you won’t be able to tell from looking at the actual gun unless the dealer shows you the box too.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Sig 365 Gen 2 is supposed to rectify the reliability issues with the Gun 1...early Get 2 pistols were still suffering broken firing (striker) pins and even sears. The parts were supposedly MIM and they're not holding up. Maybe the problems are behind them.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have about 600 rounds through mine, carried daily for around 5 months, post recall model. Fantastic little pistol, had 2 failure to go into battery with 147gr V-crowns, but they happened within the first 100 rounds, and it ate everything else without issue, HSTs, gold dots, Critical duty, no issues at all.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    5 of us went to AGC on Sunday afternoon.
    We shot a P365 and compared it with a G43. We only shot about 200 rounds of Winchester and Fiocchi 115 grain each through the P365 and G43. I own a G43, and wanted to get a P365, as it is the "it" gun at the moment.
    The P365 jammed about 8-9 times. Not due to limp-wristing. Initially, I wondered if it was the first version, but it is the most recent.

The other 4 people started out the day thinking that they were getting the P365 as their carry weapon. At the end of the day, none are buying the P365. It is a shame. Great concept. Small gun. Many rounds.
    Everything is great, except that you pull the trigger, and WAY too often, there is no "BOOM!" No such issue with the G43. You pull the trigger, and it goes "boom."

I will wait until the wrinkles are worked out. Until them, I am sticking with the G43.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Just picked mine up. Lubed it without an initial cleaning with some WC super light gun oil. Shot a 100 rounds with 0 issues. Shot offhand/2 hands with cheap steel case, reloaded FM hollows, and 20 rounds of double tap 77 grain. This is the IT gun. Prob will blow through another 100 to 200 rounds and see how she does.

Shots below are from 25 yards with less than a second between shots and shit ammo. I'm happier than I couldve expected with this gun. Ordered through Osage with MAP pricing.

Attachments

• 20181228_125635.jpg
      20181228_125635.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 275
    • 20181228_130912.jpg
      20181228_130912.jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 238
    • 20181228_125744.jpg
      20181228_125744.jpg
      97.5 KB · Views: 258

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Shield reports

THOUGHT I HAD STARTED A NEW THREAD WITH THIS. SORRY MODERATOR. F YOU SEE THIS WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD MOVE IT. Took the 9 and the 45 outdoors to shoot in the rain today. For the shield was using winchester USA forged ammo with steel cases and some type of graphite like substance. I had bought a case and its almost gone. Some failure to extracts and the type of follow up jam that requies removal of the mag. Once had to push the expended case out wih a cleaning rod. Don’t recall that happening earlier and a lot of rds have been fired in this gun.
    The 45 did what it has in the past. Likes to disengage the mag and has a hard time locking back on an empty mag. I could be hitting the mag release and dragging my support hand thumb on the slide. But even with an empty mag and racking the slide it does not always catch. Was shooting brass cased 230 FMJ. I carry the 9 occassionaly but not so much the 45 shield anymore cause my usual is a G33. Would u send the 45 back to sw for a check up? Is it likely me? I called sw about this 1.5 yrs ago and they sent new mag followers, but they appear to be exactly what i have so i did not switch.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    THOUGHT I HAD STARTED A NEW THREAD WITH THIS. SORRY MODERATOR. F YOU SEE THIS WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD MOVE IT. Took the 9 and the 45 outdoors to shoot in the rain today. For the shield was using winchester USA forged ammo with steel cases and some type of graphite like substance. I had bought a case and its almost gone. Some failure to extracts and the type of follow up jam that requies removal of the mag. Once had to push the expended case out wih a cleaning rod. Don’t recall that happening earlier and a lot of rds have been fired in this gun.
    The 45 did what it has in the past. Likes to disengage the mag and has a hard time locking back on an empty mag. I could be hitting the mag release and dragging my support hand thumb on the slide. But even with an empty mag and racking the slide it does not always catch. Was shooting brass cased 230 FMJ. I carry the 9 occassionaly but not so much the 45 shield anymore cause my usual is a G33. Would u send the 45 back to sw for a check up? Is it likely me? I called sw about this 1.5 yrs ago and they sent new mag followers, but they appear to be exactly what i have so i did not switch.

Uh wut? Think you put this on the wrong forum.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Uh wut? Think you put this on the wrong forum.

Nah. I thought i had started a new thread in handguns. On th8s forum. But, cleaning the 2 shields, clearly the 9 locks back on an empty mag. The 45 only locks on an empty mag if i push up on the mag from the bottom and rack the slide while applying pressure. The mag release? What other internal might cause this. I put in a new follower tonite.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Clocked over 1K rounds through mine on Christmas Eve. I have one mag of four that occasionally won't lock back when empty.

99c6f31607982c9d716876bc25321df5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom