• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I need a mechanic referral in the Towson, Timonium, Lutherville, Cockeysville area. My used 2011 F150 is leaking coolant.

My go-to guy cannot find the leak. He's taken apart as much as he can and couldn't find the source. He said something about pulling the "front differential down".

I can change my oil and a flat and that's about the extent of my expertise. I wouldn't mind a MDS keyboard diagnosis, but I really need a guy who can get this fixed. Thanks all.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    NTB
    10012 York Rd
    Cockeysville MD 21030

Manager Mike
    Mechanic Eric

Trust them with everything from an oil change to a full 100k service.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Just wanted to close this thread out. I would have done it sooner, but I was out of town. Per Ammo Jon's referral, I did go to NTB and got the service completed. Told me the price ahead of time and labor hours needed. Manager Mike said the hours wouldn't change no matter what. Initial estimate was the final bill. Very pleased with the service. Thanks to all who provided input.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Just wanted to close this thread out. I would have done it sooner, but I was out of town. Per Ammo Jon's referral, I did go to NTB and got the service completed. Told me the price ahead of time and labor hours needed. Manager Mike said the hours wouldn't change no matter what. Initial estimate was the final bill. Very pleased with the service. Thanks to all who provided input.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Reminds me I have to call to schedule my 100k service and some suspension work :omg:

It's never fun to spend money but when you're getting great honest work and very fair prices it makes it a little more palatable.

The other thing I like about working with NTB/Merchants group is that they have locations all around the country under Tire Kingdom, etc. One time I had a set of rotors put on before I took my annual trip to Florida. I guess from sitting on the shelf they were a bit out of round which made for quite the trip down to Florida. Found a Tire Kingdom down there and had it all taken care of for not an additional penny, ended up making a good friend with the manager of the store in Florida to boot.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not the OP , but external coolant loss w/o obvious source is usually one of two things.

Weeping thermostat gasket, where it evaporates as soon as contacting hot engine.

Corroded freeze plug.

And yes, UV testing is the way to find it .

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Glad to hear it worked out for you. Reminds me I have to call to schedule my 100k service and some suspension work :omg:

It's never fun to spend money but when you're getting great honest work and very fair prices it makes it a little more palatable.

The other thing I like about working with NTB/Merchants group is that they have locations all around the country under Tire Kingdom, etc. One time I had a set of rotors put on before I took my annual trip to Florida. I guess from sitting on the shelf they were a bit out of round which made for quite the trip down to Florida. Found a Tire Kingdom down there and had it all taken care of for not an additional penny, ended up making a good friend with the manager of the store in Florida to boot.

Not all NTB’s are the same. Mine in Germantown sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom