Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Southern Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old December 9th, 2018, 02:30 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by slsc98 View Post
antco, I probably speak for more than myself here when I say the only thing that exceeds my appreciation for your providing all this follow-up information are: a) my relief y’all discovered these issues BEFORE any deed transferred; AND, b) our wishes for you and the sellers to reach a successful “Win/Win” and many decades of enjoyment in your new home(s).

(Where we’re at now, the higher one goes up the mountains, etc. to build, the more challenging installing a septic system that passes muster with the state can be — the info you provide above is likely gonna help others, way beyond the members of this thread!

Best o’ Success to y’all !
I share the experiences so we can all learn from it. Especially with this fairly new and unfamiliar technology.

The installation contract between the contractor and seller was forwarded to me this morning. Total cost for the seller: $14,450 to do the following:
  • Remove five large trees on the north property line/new drain field area
  • Remove numerous small trees and scrub brush
  • Decommission and collapse in place existing tank and pump chamber
  • Install new tank
  • Install new Orenco AX-RT treatment system
  • Install new distribution box and drain field
  • Relocate existing fence off of new drain field

The seller takes the $14,450 costs, and a grant was issued by the Bay Restoration Fund to cover the remaining portion of the overall repair costs. This work is expected to take five working days. Once everyone signs off that the work has been completed according to design and permits, we can then close on this house purchase.

I'm thinking about requesting the large trees that get dropped are delimbed, and the major portion of the tree left on the property for me to process into firewood for my future use.
"A bureaucrat is the most despicable of men, though he is needed as vultures are needed, but one hardly admires vultures whom bureaucrats so strangely resemble. I have yet to meet a bureaucrat who was not petty, dull, almost witless, crafty or stupid, an oppressor or a thief, a holder of a little authority in which he delights, as a boy delights in possessing a vicious dog. Who can trust such creatures."

-Cicero 50 B.C.

antco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 07:41 PM #62

Construction starts on Monday!
"A bureaucrat is the most despicable of men, though he is needed as vultures are needed, but one hardly admires vultures whom bureaucrats so strangely resemble. I have yet to meet a bureaucrat who was not petty, dull, almost witless, crafty or stupid, an oppressor or a thief, a holder of a little authority in which he delights, as a boy delights in possessing a vicious dog. Who can trust such creatures."

-Cicero 50 B.C.

Old December 13th, 2018, 09:30 PM #63
The one with two L

The one with two L

Quote:
Originally Posted by antco View Post
The seller takes the $14,450 costs, and a grant was issued by the Bay Restoration Fund to cover the remaining portion of the overall repair costs. This work is expected to take five working days. Once everyone signs off that the work has been completed according to design and permits, we can then close on this house purchase.

I'm thinking about requesting the large trees that get dropped are delimbed, and the major portion of the tree left on the property for me to process into firewood for my future use.
What is the total ? This sounds like a bargain for the scope of work described.
traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 10:10 PM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
What is the total ? This sounds like a bargain for the scope of work described.
That has not been disclosed to me, but the sellers are eligible for the full amount of BRF assistance. "The Health Department will directly pay the vendor of the BAT after the system has been installed and inspected. The manufacturer will then pay the subcontractors for their work (electrical, plumbing, tank removal, installation, and other costs). The grant shall not reimburse a property owner for a system that has been installed without going through the grant process."

The BRF will pay up to $20,000 for the connection to a public sewer system.

They're installing a new 1,000 gallon settling tank and an Orenco Advantex AXRT20 secondary treatment system, pumping into a new drain field.

Good reading:
https://www.aahealth.org/bay-restoration-septic-fund/
https://www.calverthealth.org/commun...rvices/brf.htm
https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/wa...ges/index.aspx
https://mde.maryland.gov/programs/wa...20Document.pdf

-Cicero 50 B.C.

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Southern Maryland