• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Why are you balking at the opportunity to acquire machine tools? Having a mill and having router-jigs are not mutually exclusive. You can have both ...

In this day and age, you're just bi-tooling-curious.

could be....I know...both would be nice, it seems that something comes
    up, when the ability to aquire other things, the mill fund takes the hit,
    I will surely have one by mid next year or earlier, got to make room
    some where..sell some stuff to make room..:D:D

-Rock

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    How can you ban something that you can't quantify?

Easy. Set a precedent by banning plastic add-ons to self loading rifles (Bump-stocks). Then, use that precedent to ban paperweights that have the potential to be turned into something else.

So no more aluminum beer/soda cans in Maryland? What about old transmission housings?

Fred and Lamont Sanford weep at the thought...

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    How much $ are needed for tooling/jigs etc to finish a 80% Glock frame?
    Does anyone know if there are 80% M&P frames?
    Don’t need anymore AR’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a complete polymer 80 9mm for around $450. I got the jig and frame from
    Brownells and the upper/slide and parts from 80P builder. 80Pbuilder.com has deals on complete kits also. I love mine it took a box of hot loads to break it in but now shoots very nice.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    13a-ABUSE-Dumais-KathleenMF1-300x160.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Dumais would be even more driven in getting gun control measures passed and is likely angling for Miller's job.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Dumais would be even more driven in getting gun control measures passed and is likely angling for Miller's job.

Dumais is a Delegate and Miller is the President of the Senate. Not going to happen for at least four years unless he gets a knock on the head....

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Dumais is a Delegate and Miller is the President of the Senate. Not going to happen for at least four years unless he gets a knock on the head....
    I mix up both Mikes frequently, but indeed misplaced Dumais in the Senate.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    I don't understand how this can be written or implemented. They cannot ban what already has been produced - that would be forced confiscation. Let's assume it passes, effective date 10/1/2019. How will it be proven when the actual receiver is manufactured? Or will they mandate that each receiver be serialized in order to entitle possession? Through an FFL via 77R?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I don't understand how this can be written or implemented. They cannot ban what already has been produced - that would be forced confiscation.

They absolutely can and do all the time. Witness the current bumpstock ban.

Let's assume it passes, effective date 10/1/2019. How will it be proven when the actual receiver is manufactured? Or will they mandate that each receiver be serialized in order to entitle possession? Through an FFL via 77R?

No one knows what the law will say until they write it, so we can't answer those questions right now. They could do a California and say you have to serialize and register them. They could say it's flat out illegal to build a gun at home at all. They could say that blue 3-d printed ones are illegal and red ones aren't. We won't know until we see the proposed legislation.

In a broader sense, though, this kind of legislation is pointless and impossible to enforce, because of the very nature of the items that are being discussed, and it will only ever hurt law abiding people, just like all gun control.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    this kind of legislation is pointless and impossible to enforce, because of the very nature of the items that are being discussed, and it will only ever hurt law abiding people, just like all gun control.

Agree 100%. They are trying to ban the knowledge of how to build a gun. How do you do that? Billet receivers are solid squares, add a CNC and the proper G-code.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Yes, Absolutely

You can refuse to consent to a search of your car. This is a verbal communication type of thing.
    If the officer says he's going to search your car anyway, you can't legally physically stop him.
    The 4th Amendment prohibits unreasonable Search and Seizure. There are types of circumstances in which the courts have determined that a search is not unreasonable. If one of those circumstances exists, then the officer may search your car despite your lack of consent or the lack of a warrant.

The LEO can be very intimidating and it may be best to go along to get along and fight it in court and then sue. I know. I know. It shouldn't have to be that way - but for one's safety.

What you are referring to is known as Exigent Circumstances - For example, exigent circumstances may justify actions by law enforcement officers acting without a warrant such as a mortal danger to a young child. Examples of other exigent circumstances include protecting evidence or property from imminent destruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom