• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I don't plan to use a belly band regularly, only for the times when I'm not wearing pants with a belt. I realize these are for deep concealment and you'll be sacrificing speed for concealment, but that's a trade off I'm willing to make when I'm wearing shorts or sweat pants. The video shows these things are one-size-fits-all, but I thought there were some models that came in different sizes. With my waist, they'll have to move the velcro to get it to fit me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I didn't see a link to a specific product or video . These are available from a plethora of mfg, both as afterthought from big mfg, and sole products from tiny. Most are essentially identical, and typically offered in sm, med, and large. When in doubt, get thr smaller size. They're streatchy, sndneed to be snug when worn.

A few with have an actual holster looking thing sewn on instead a pocket(s) for the gun(s) and what have you. Avoid those. They sacrifice a lot of concealment fir trivial gain in speed or comfort.

A BB will probably do what the OP seeks . The trade off isn't really speed. A BB will be as fast or faster than comparable deep cover methods . The major compromise is total inability to reholster . Have Plan B to stick in shorts pocket, fanny/ back pack / gym bag , or even drop on ground if need be.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I don't plan to use a belly band regularly, only for the times when I'm not wearing pants with a belt. I realize these are for deep concealment and you'll be sacrificing speed for concealment, but that's a trade off I'm willing to make when I'm wearing shorts or sweat pants. The video shows these things are one-size-fits-all, but I thought there were some models that came in different sizes. With my waist, they'll have to move the velcro to get it to fit me.

Do not get a one size fits all.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Even buying the recommended size belly band, I've usually had to sew in extra velcro. Most of our IPs probably carry at least a basic model so you could perhaps take one out of the package before you buy. The few bucks you'll save at Amazon aren't worth the frustration of getting it and then figuring out you hate it.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Even buying the recommended size belly band, I've usually had to sew in extra velcro. Most of our IPs probably carry at least a basic model so you could perhaps take one out of the package before you buy. The few bucks you'll save at Amazon aren't worth the frustration of getting it and then figuring out you hate it.
    Time is money. I bought two Ruger LCPs recently for $180 each and had them shipped to a local FFL. The local FFL told me that if I had called him and said I could get it for that, I could have paid that price without the FFL transfer fee. I see your point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom