• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    The entire idea of bringing a gun there you can identify by make, model number and serial number is crazy. I listened to a hearing that was posted, and council for DC explained they need to see it so you don't make a mistake entering serial number. One judge replies "well can't the employee recording it make a mistake too" :lol2:
    I'm thinking maybe the judge who asked those questions would be an awesome attorney for presenting the legal portion of the DC CCL course. ;-)

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Major Update

Change log:
    Status update Wrenn link without need to use Pacer, permits flowing, pick yours up
    Application & Fingerprinting fees
    Gun registration warning
    Non-resident requires any state permit
    Ammunition limit updated
    Restricted locations added possibility of USNO
    Disclosure rules added
    Alcohol Prohibitions added
    Various other updates
    Layout changes for readability

Questions Posed:
    - Should I call the Fusion Center every morning and ask for the locations and travel schedules of high ranking officials and dignitaries in order to comply with the 1000 foot rule?
    - How can one go to the range with more than 2 magazines, or 20 rounds of ammunition? Multiple trips?

MODS - Please fix the title and read your PM's!

Thank you.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If I could go that soon, I would.

Alright MDS!!!

Can't thank the efforts of those on this forum, the SAF, and others enough!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Ugh! Was going today and just saw that out of state residents must have a permit elsewhere

Is all this stuff being made up on the fly or just so deep in the Sh1t these surprises just keep coming out. I have a FL permit. Is the next bit of news I must have a residence or business in FL? I can't meet that.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Let's get 20 MDS members to join you, maybe do lunch?

Everybody bring Sgt Hall a little American Flag

Where are 20 guys going to do lunch packing heat? :D I would not mind going with someone else bringing a pistol. If we get locked up, we can watch each other's six.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Ugh! Was going today and just saw that out of state residents must have a permit elsewhere

Any permit from any other state meets the requirements, regardless of your state of residence, and I am not convinced they are even enforcing that.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Can't carry on public transit or at any monuments or memorials? Am I reading that right?

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Can't carry on public transit or at any monuments or memorials? Am I reading that right?

I seem to remember something in WMATA Police Charter that prohibits them from enforcing a law or regulation that is in conflict with one of the other pact members jurisdiction (DC MD & VA)

Perhaps someone can locate the exact text.

IANAL, but I doubt DC Police have preemption authority on Federal land.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm waiting for a response from MARC about transporting on their trains. I'm trying to avoid the drive in and out of DC if at all possible. I'll make sure to report back.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'm planning on going Friday morning right after they open unless I can get there sooner.

I'm in HoCo if anyone wants to car pool.

I can go then also. If I don't hear anything about tomorrow I'll go with you. I live in southern Carroll County, so can meet wherever in Howard County.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom