What pistol is this (not so) concealed carrier carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Carried by an amateur.

What makes you say that? Maybe the guy is a cop or retired cop. Maybe he has an unrestricted permit, or maybe he is discussing business with a client.

Open carry is legal with a W&C permit, so maybe this guy just wants to be comfortable and he's all out of fvchs to give if his shirt doesn't completely cover his firearm.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    What makes you say that? Maybe the guy is a cop or retired cop. Maybe he has an unrestricted permit, or maybe he is discussing business with a client.

Open carry is legal with a W&C permit, so maybe this guy just wants to be comfortable and he's all out of fvchs to give if his shirt doesn't completely cover his firearm.
    He was a business owner. Looked like a pool company from the t shirt logo. He was sitting talking to a friend waiting for a client. The client called and asked if he could meet somewhere else, so he got up and left. Portly guy + small t shirt = shirt rise. :)
    The guy was about 65 with not a fvck to give.
    Not one person was killed that day at Starbucks. :)

Frostadams

Mar 31, 2016
    Glock, did you let him know? I sometimes do, just quietly and respectfully, better than letting him continue a bad practice and make others look bad.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Glock, did you let him know? I sometimes do, just quietly and respectfully, better than letting him continue a bad practice and make others look bad.

Nope. None of my business. Even a gentle reminder to a complete stranger can go south real fast. His shirt was so tight and short, it would have made no difference.
    He had a gun. I had a gun. I had the drop on him if he would have broken bad for some reason. That's all I care about.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    And the State Police will quickly relieve you of that permit should you open carry your handgun.

Why? If it's perfectly legal and he can produce his permit on his person then the situation should end there?

Does anyone actually open carry on here? Is it essentially forbidden without being illegal?
    I ask because some of my guns are rather bulky and open carry on my farm would be a real hassle to unholster then always keep around a IWB holster just to swap to make a run to the store for supplies or food etc

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Why? If it's perfectly legal and he can produce his permit on his person then the situation should end there?

Does anyone actually open carry on here? Is it essentially forbidden without being illegal?
    I ask because some of my guns are rather bulky and open carry on my farm would be a real hassle to unholster then always keep around a IWB holster just to swap to make a run to the store for supplies or food etc

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4963393&postcount=6

Anyone declaring the business owner restriction is arbitrary, you want to discuss this meaning/language with an officer? I'll keep mine completely concealed, ymmv

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

It's only legal because some enthusiasts here state that it's "not illegal". But query those who say it is legal if they open carry.
    That's what I thought.....

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County

You must be delirious and forgot where you live. The state police control your license to carry, not the law. The secretary says that if you open carry you are creating undue public concern or some ******** like that, can't remember the troopers exact words. That's the first thing.

Second, why are you asking me this question or wanting to debate it with me? I do not make up the regulations nor the code of conduct for wear and carry, argue your point with the State Police and let me know how that works out for you. I commented on what I know because it was in the letter they sent me when I first received my permit.

Try carrying an AR down the street loaded and see how that works out, not against the law according to the state's attorney's office. Let me know how much that costs you in attorney's fee's. Open carry will get you in deep shit with MSP and WILL cost you your permit, try it and see so you can be the poster child.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Try carrying an AR down the street loaded and see how that works out, not against the law according to the state's attorney's office.

+1

If anyone is game, go stroll the two blocks of Wisconsin Ave between Old Georgetown and Elm doing that. My bet is you never get to turn the opposite direction.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Dude might be retired LEO and still own a pool company. Plenty of guys retire around 50, then find another job when they get bored. And a lot of cops are awful at carrying concealed.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    It's only legal because some enthusiasts here state that it's "not illegal". But query those who say it is legal if they open carry.
    That's what I thought.....

Noted!

You must be delirious and forgot where you live. The state police control your license to carry, not the law. The secretary says that if you open carry you are creating undue public concern or some ******** like that, can't remember the troopers exact words. That's the first thing.

Second, why are you asking me this question or wanting to debate it with me? I do not make up the regulations nor the code of conduct for wear and carry, argue your point with the State Police and let me know how that works out for you. I commented on what I know because it was in the letter they sent me when I first received my permit.

Try carrying an AR down the street loaded and see how that works out, not against the law according to the state's attorney's office. Let me know how much that costs you in attorney's fee's. Open carry will get you in deep shit with MSP and WILL cost you your permit, try it and see so you can be the poster child.

Not arguing against you at all, just gathering information and it appears one would get quite the lesson if they carried openly daily particularly in certain areas of the state much more than others..

After reading the language used, I could certainly see how easy it could be interpreted against you. Even if 9 out of LEO's have zero issue it just takes one to ruin your day or even future as a W&C holder.. or even just random person overreacting by the sight of it without seeing any type of LE/Security uniform attached..

Have around 10 friends in LE here in MD (state, county, city..even neighbor is a LEO) would be interesting to ask what their take would be if they came across a W&C holder with a holstered OC

+1

If anyone is game, go stroll the two blocks of Wisconsin Ave between Old Georgetown and Elm doing that. My bet is you never get to turn the opposite direction.

Wouldn't be me but would be quite the sight !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom