• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    First handgun I saw fired in person was my grandfather's Whitney black powder. Much respect for what can happen between the cylinder and forcing cone.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    What ???? It's exactly the same. FIRST he "tests" the gas block with a piece of paper, THEN with his hand.

If you think this is such a grand idea please make a video for us showing how good the safeties are on a variety of guns by pointing them at your chest and pulling the trigger, with a live round chambered of course.

You are being outrageous.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    You said...

What ???? It's exactly the same. FIRST he "tests" the gas block with a piece of paper, THEN with his hand.

If you think this is such a grand idea *please make a video for us showing how good the safeties are on a variety of guns by pointing them at your chest and pulling the trigger, with a live round chambered of course.
    Then you said...
    There's a comment section right here but thank you for the advice.

Now.... Please stop suggesting that it's okay to demonstrate a gun's safety features using body parts.

I never suggested it is alright to use body parts to demonstrate a gun's safety features. I simply stated what H45 did... and that if your upset with him over it... TELL HIM!

*YOU suggested that another member make a video doing that very thing...

You are being ridiculously hypocritical here.

Which way do you want it?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I simply stated what H45 did... and that if your upset with him over it... TELL HIM!

*YOU suggested that another member make a video doing that very thing...

You are being ridiculously hypocritical here.

Which way do you want it?

Have you ever heard of sarcasm ?

Sorry, but if someone posts a video of someone doing something unsafe I will call it out in the thread it's posted in.

AND for anyone that thinks I'm "being outrageous" so be it. Every person at mds can disagree with me I don't care. I will never never EVER back down when it comes to the safe handling and use of a firearm.

This is getting tedious so you may now have the last word. I'm done here

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Sorry, but if someone posts a video of someone doing something unsafe I will call it out in the thread it's posted in.

AND for anyone that thinks I'm "being outrageous" so be it. Every person at mds can disagree with me I don't care. I will never never EVER back down when it comes to the safe handling and use of a firearm.

Yes I have heard of sarcasm... we have an emoji for that.
    It is ":sarcasm:".

That was not evident in your invitation/suggestion to another member that they make a video of them testing a firearm safety, by loading it and pointing it at their own chest while attempting to test said safety by pulling on the trigger.

I do not expect you, nor anyone else to "back down when it comes to safe handling and use of a firearm". But such a suggestion is outrageous on a 2A (or any other) website.

Do I really believe that you actually intended for the other member to complete such an outrageous task? I would sincerely hope not. But, this IS the Internet, and things can easily be misunderstood. I found the mere suggestion of such an act, was in my honest opinion... unsafe to do on an internet firearms forum.

Do I agree with you about the action depicted in H45's video?
    Let's just allow that I did not see it as the best/wisest thing he has ever done, and we can leave it at that.

Still... if you feel that passionately about it... tell HIM. He may even agree with you and pull the video.

Be safe... :beer:

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017

You told me too pretty much potentially kill myself just because hickock I guess potentially blew off his finger in your mind. And you were seemingly very aggressive, But whatever man.

Should I never own a gun without a manual safety in your opinion?

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I did actually see something similar to this happen when someone let another person shoot his Chiappa Rhino. The shooter held the gun in a standard two handed semi-auto grip and it neatly peeled back a flap of skin from the tip of his thumb. He got it stitched back on at the hospital and almost good as new.

For those that don't know it, that particular revolver has the barrell aligned with the bottom of the cylinder instead of the top, placing the cylinder gap much lower.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I shot a lot of 45 and 38 out of revolvers in competition. I held them like I would a auto with my thumbs forward, my support hand thumb was typically in front of the cyl. but down near the bottom, not up near the forcing cone at the top.

I shot many thousands of rounds with no injury, I might not try that on a magnum cal. revolver.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I had an incident once. I was sighting in my scope on my .44. and was shooting off a sandbag. I wasn't paying attention to my left hand and where it was placed in support on the bag. I had little black flecks of carbon underneath the skin on the top of my hand for a couple weeks. I'm very conscious of where my other hand is when shooting revolvers now.

I hear ya, My 454 Casull on sandbags blows the sandbags apart & shoots sand all over, after a just a handful of shots. Burns the heck outta them too. That's big power blasting out the sides.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

If you think this is such a grand idea please make a video for us showing how good the safeties are on a variety of guns by pointing them at your chest and pulling the trigger, with a live round chambered of course.

Watch the earllier demos on the kevlar vests. That will likely put you into convulsions. Not sure I could do that.

Here's one...both of these were responsible parties involved knowing and understanding their product.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyn7eKfQXPg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Watch the earllier demos on the kevlar vests. That will likely you into convulsions.

Here's one...both of these were with responsible parties invilved knowing and understanding their product.

:ohnoes: Yikes! Obviously they have faith in their product, but I don't think I'd participate. Also...it looked like they were "shooting" outside somebody's house?

I remember old footage of a vest inventor who shot himself in the chest, then shot immediately shot a target (bowling pins, maybe?) to illustrate that an officer wearing his vest could not only survive being shot, but could effectively return fire. I just hope his mother didn't see it.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Watch the earllier demos on the kevlar vests. That will likely put you into convulsions. Not sure I could do that.

Here's one...both of these were responsible parties involved knowing and understanding their product.

Yeah, I've seen those type of "tests". Totally insane in my opinion. Like testing a roll cage with a live human being. That's what dummies and ballistic gel and the like were made for.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    The guy who wrapped a metal strap across the top of that nice stainless barrel deserves a head slap.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    :ohnoes: Yikes! Obviously they have faith in their product, but I don't think I'd participate. Also...it looked like they were "shooting" outside somebody's house?

I remember old footage of a vest inventor who shot himself in the chest, then shot immediately shot a target (bowling pins, maybe?) to illustrate that an officer wearing his vest could not only survive being shot, but could effectively return fire. I just hope his mother didn't see it.

Second Chance vest, IIRC. It was a Model 29 with 44 factory magnum ammo. He put telephone books under the vest to prevent bruising and rib injury. He shot his partner wearing the rifle vest with a 7.62 x 51. Very strange watching that...or any of these videos. Using yest dummies works for me.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    That is called marketing. Doing something to get the potential customers attention. When he started doing that it was basically a new product using materials and designs that were practically unheard of at the time. He probably felt he had to do something spectacular to get the attention of historically cautious buyers, law enforcement and military. It worked.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I temember early days of sandbag testing for accuracy magnum revolvers. Cut the bags open. I have shot thumbs forward with revolvers. I kept my support hand thumb back some, not difficult since my hands are not big. I did try it with magnum loads. Doesn't work...hands separate easily from the hard recoil impulse

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Richatd C. Davis , founder of Second Chance.

His initial demonstration was filmed ( yes, before the days of video) , and was widely seen . In it he used .38Spl +P , as he did in most of his live demonstrations.

For today's trivia - In preparation for his first demonstration , he wanted a prop to be able to shoot after taking the vest hit. He decided to use a Bowling Pin . He was impressed enough with the behavior of bowling pins after shooting them in his demonstrations , that he then invented the sport of Bowling Pin Shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom