• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Any idea near which Lock!? I've heard someone caught one out in the Widewater section.

FYI to all - you can sometimes sell them to Chinese Markets. --JB

I saw it just SE of the WSSC Potomac plant. That is a bit NW of Swain's Lock 21

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I had snakehead nuggets at a MD Shooters get together, which was held at a members house in Southern Maryland.

It was lightly battered and fried. It was the best fish I've ever had.

I stopped into a popular place where folks pick up fresh, frozen and even a little bit of precooked fish the other day.

After a bit of discussion I asked the lady behind the counter what her favorite fish was. She hesitated, and then said, snakeheads! After a few minutes she explained that they were really good tasting, and easy to prepare, her favorite method was to simply grill like any other whitefish. She even said that when she got off work later, she already planned to pick up a few fillets of snake heads on her way home. She took me over and showed me what the fillets looked like, I was pretty impressed, but the image in my head of the slimy bastards kept swimming upstream and on-land. Before I left, she also mentioned that whether you eat them or not, if you ever catch a snakehead, its the law that you MUST kill it (invasive species). First heard for me.

So unless someone else tells me otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'll try eating a bit of these fish in various ways; and kill them mercilessly until/unless I hear otherwise. Death to delicious, but ugly fish of the snakehead variety! :)

4abb6189f61e2e0968181f5d40516230.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom