• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    It reads like a prohibited person is prohibited from owing an antique firearm. It looks like the abandoned the part about treating it like a regular firearm, for purposes of selling or transferring.

Also, it's one thing to prohibit a person from owning prohibited firearms in the future (aka FSA2013). It's an entirely different think to go door to door to take "firearms"(aka antiques) from people where those items are family heirlooms. Many people have family members who died or knew someone who died and that memory and honor is attached to that firearm. In short, I would resist much more if they tried to get my antiques from the War of 1812 and Civil War than preventing a purchase of a modern firearm in the furture.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Is this named after the woman who got killed by her boyfriend in Germantown?
    She’d probably still be alive today if this law had been passed right?

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Looking at that, It looks like modern black powder is mixed in as well. Falling under “replica”.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Short version: People prohibited from gun ownership would no longer be able to own or possess an antique gun.

Granted, that's how MSP already applies the existing law.

The bill would revise MD law as pertains to prohibited people. The text changes in the submitted bill were clearly made by an idiot.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    uh, who is going to check? will we have to do a 77r for black powder muzzleloaders?

what about online and out-of-state orders? will rest of country now have to require identification for antiques to ensure not selling to MD resident?

would Dumais make a law prohibiting knife ownership for firearm prohibited people?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    There's nothing in the bill about buy, purchase, sale, sell, or related. Only mentions ownership and possession. But we are in MD, so it's not a stretch for it to be contorted by way of regulation into a 77R requirement.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    There's nothing in the bill about buy, purchase, sale, sell, or related. Only mentions ownership and possession. But we are in MD, so it's not a stretch for it to be contorted by way of regulation into a 77R requirement.
    I saw that in the bill, but it begs the question as how can one come into ownership or possession?

Does MSP have enough information on a new resident to know he would be prohibited? I doubt NICS will run a check for antique or replica thereof.

Which means it comes down to police investigating person for some other reason and also found an antique in possession of prohibited person.

Soapbox: why all this focus on preventing ownership of the thing? what happened to removing the person from society so ownership of the thing is mute?

Is Dumais incapable of understanding or is there a hidden agenda, as in looking good to an idiot constitutency?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's exactly why and how it could be contorted to justify regulating antique guns by way of regulation instead of by legislative law.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yup. Pro tip: Shuffle things around, especially if you can get a subject matter expert.

I agree, but it won't happen, the same four will be first up.

How about this for a novel new concept:

Have the same four get there a little early and collaborate a little with others who are there to testify and have one of the four go up with two or three of the others.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Note: this will apply to Medical o Marijuana Card holders as well. So, your black powder dear rifle would use as an alternative to your other guns you gave up for pot is now gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom