• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    Another positive purchase/pickup from Tyler Firearms friday. Can't say enough good things about them. Just consigned a couple guns through them as well and their consignment policy can't be beat...I also have a huge amount of respect for Mark at 2A. I was buying guns from him years ago when he was in the little suite a few doors down from where he is now. He's more of a hike for me than Tyler's but I put both top tier for what a gunshop should strive to be

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    J Lowes John and staff have always been courteous & knowledgeable enough that I skip a half dozen closer stores to visit them up in Cecil County. They are an IP here to boot.

sudo4re

Jul 8, 2013
    Eubanks Firearms in Waldorf, MD is great to work with. Alex is very personable and can get you what you want with very reasonable prices. He has the LOWEST transfer fees in SoMD I do believe and will go above and beyond to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    J Lowes John and staff have always been courteous & knowledgeable enough that I skip a half dozen closer stores to visit them up in Cecil County. They are an IP here to boot.
    + 1 for J Lowes if john doesn't have what you are looking for he will try to get it for you. Prices and service are first rate.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Eubanks Firearms in Waldorf, MD is great to work with. Alex is very personable and can get you what you want with very reasonable prices. He has the LOWEST transfer fees in SoMD I do believe and will go above and beyond to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Doesn't ring a bell , where are they ? Or is it by appointment kitchen table?

Lower than All Pawn ?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Not sure?
    if they are lower than Gary at GLR,,, then I guess they are free?
    I "think" GLR was $20

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Alex's transfer fee is 20.00 for handguns. Practically free when compared to Fred's.

Everybody is cheap compared to Fred's or MSAR . See my comments about Ranges that happen to have an attatched gun store vs free standing gun stores .

That said , $20 plus MSP fee for Regulated is cheap , slightly undercutting All Pawn and GLR . Still $5 or $10 is still within margin of error for proximity and convience .

Meanwhile , I still must of blinked to have missed Eubanks . Location ? Business hours or appointment only ?

Crosbo

MDS Supporter
    Aug 9, 2022
    Germantown
    Engage in Rockville. 2A leaders in MD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is my new ”go to” dealer in the area. Very nice team…even when I was only window shopping. When I did have questions or simply inquired of an opinion, the answers/responses were ‘acceptable‘ and not condescending. Of the places I’ve visited in the Germantown/Rockville/N. Bethesda area, this is the store with which I have chosen to share my hard-earned dollars.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Of the places I’ve visited in the Germantown/Rockville/N. Bethesda area,

No disrespect for the most excellent United , but you realize the the area you delineated is a very , very small pond for gun stores .

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    It has been a few weeks since we went, covids means staying home. I don't know when you were there last. We try to go Wednesday for date night cause there is usually no waiting. But the weekend trips has had someone in the range, sometimes two of em.

I think they reduce the available lanes at times depending on how many are out there. I was talking to one of the counter guys and he said they have been really busy since the Bruen decision.
    I think the RSO presence has increased in recent months, at least on weekday afternoons. I don’t even try to use the range on weekends.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I recommend Top Gun in Fallston. Good guys there always willing to answer questions. Decent selection available.
    I like Devyn and Mike

Devyn has an odd view on advertisement. I talked to him about an MDS IP spot. "Why would I pay to have people bomb me with questions when I can do that for free on Facebook?". Uh cause it's a sales platform?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I potentially get it . Exposure to millions of general public who will mostly do one of following :

Ignore all firearms businesses
    Let him know Guns are Evil , and he's going to hell , for being a merchant of death.
    Ask. Him the same stupid newbie questions over , and over , and over

Or spend some nominal $ to advertise. To 10's of thousands of enthusiasts , many of whom chomping at the bit to spend money , plus most of the member . feels loyalty to " their " Industry Partners .

sudo4re

Jul 8, 2013
    Everybody is cheap compared to Fred's or MSAR . See my comments about Ranges that happen to have an attatched gun store vs free standing gun stores .

That said , $20 plus MSP fee for Regulated is cheap , slightly undercutting All Pawn and GLR . Still $5 or $10 is still within margin of error for proximity and convience .

Meanwhile , I still must of blinked to have missed Eubanks . Location ? Business hours or appointment only ?
    He's in Waldorf, MD and it is by appointment only. https://www.eubanksfirearms.com/

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    As a bitter HQL holdout for the better part of 10 years, I haven't been in a gun shop in a long time. Following St. Thomas' edict that may-issue jurisdictions can eat it, HQL and permit now in hand.

My go-to shop was Gun Connection for years, but I don't think I've been there since Dan and Shawn moved to Texas and left Harry to run it. I've heard excellent things about Duffy's and plan to visit soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom