• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zouave

Jul 20, 2020
    Dorchester County
    I do enjoy the ride up from Baltimore county for camping and even a little bit of hunting every once in a while into New Germany for a nice weekend to decompress. Now, I like to take my firearms up to shoot at some targets at the range up there, but I just can't seem to get my targets to stick for long. It seems the stands are just too shot out. What do you guys recommend for keeping targets on the stand? I have tried tape and the like but no luck. Thank you

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Having never seen the setup there I'm just Wild Ass Guessing but maybe take a staple gun and some cardboard up with you and statple the cardboard to whatever you can and then staple your target to the fresh vigin cardboard?

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I have shot there a lot. I usually take/ have a heavy brown paper that we use at work to cover floors . I can staple the outside of it to the targets then put my target on that. Those stand / rubber pcs are shot up .if you been there you know what I mean. I have also made a stand out of pvc that works well that I use there and AGC. I can break it down simple enough. Again I use the paper or have used cardboard.we get boxes that are convenient 2ft by 4ft that I cut up and get 4pcs . Have used that up there also .hung cardboard from stand with string and put target on cardboard.Those stands are heavy up there that’s why I built my own. If you do drill holes (2) is what I have so you can stake to ground. I use those Walmart ones looks like and old gutter nail.Met a lot of nice people there . But I did catch a ricochet up there from some jackass . It hurt I was pissed, I left . Guy was with his kid kinda of obvious he was maybe new to shooting .

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    Hooligans bring cardboard with splatter targets. Zipties hold the cardboard to the frames. Small scissors work well in removing the zipties for reuse.

Use care when moving the frames, since frame shots have left many sharp edges.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Appreciate the replies everyone. Looks like I have a staple gun to invest in.

A light duty staple gun with 1/4" or 5/16" staples are inexpensive. Remember you're not doing upholstery work - simply hanging targets on cardboard.

Hooligans bring cardboard with splatter targets. Zipties hold the cardboard to the frames. Small scissors work well in removing the zipties for reuse.

Use care when moving the frames, since frame shots have left many sharp edges.

^^^This. I shoot with 4570 and the rest of the Hooligans almost every Sunday morning. I'll add that the frames are 24" wide and the surface area is ~ 40" tall. Cutting your cardboard backing ahead of time makes setting up your targets easier.

And PLEASE!: When you're done shooting, properly dispose of your targets, cardboard backing and unusable zip ties. (i.e. use common sense and clean up after yourselves). We spend a lot of time picking up other's folks garbage that we'd rather spend actually shooting...

:thumbsup:

Zouave

Jul 20, 2020
    Dorchester County
    A light duty staple gun with 1/4" or 5/16" staples are inexpensive. Remember you're not doing upholstery work - simply hanging targets on cardboard.

^^^This. I shoot with 4570 and the rest of the Hooligans almost every Sunday morning. I'll add that the frames are 24" wide and the surface area is ~ 40" tall. Cutting your cardboard backing ahead of time makes setting up your targets easier.

And PLEASE!: When you're done shooting, properly dispose of your targets, cardboard backing and unusable zip ties. (i.e. use common sense and clean up after yourselves). We spend a lot of time picking up other's folks garbage that we'd rather spend actually shooting...

:thumbsup:

Awesome, look forward to seeing you if I ever get up there on a Sunday.

Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    This is all solid advice and I have been on the range on busy days and empty days. Never saw a rude or dangerous operator at Savage

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom