• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I was just having a discussion with my barber about home invasions yesterday. He knows I'm a gun guy and always asks about them. I told him that EVERY home should have a good weapon for situations like this. He didn't realize that things like this happen in nice neighborhoods.

Of course it happens in nice neighborhoods. That's where the nice stuff to steal is, along with complacent homeowners*, and a lot of cover of darkness. I've heard it called the "Lexus lottery"

* or out of town homeowners. Lots of people on vaca this time of year.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Of course it happens in nice neighborhoods. That's where the nice stuff to steal is, along with complacent homeowners*, and a lot of cover of darkness. I've heard it called the "Lexus lottery"

* or out of town homeowners. Lots of people on vaca this time of year.

We have very long driveways so when a heavy snowstorm is predicted everyone moves their vehicles to the curb. I never would.
    While walking the dogs the next morning I found a lens cap, wallet, tape cassettes etc. in the snow. Those who left their vehicles unlock were robbed. And those who left their garage door opener in the vehicles lost even more.
    There are no safe communities. Maybe Mara logo. :rolleyes:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    We have very long driveways so when a heavy snowstorm is predicted everyone moves their vehicles to the curb. I never would.
    While walking the dogs the next morning I found a lens cap, wallet, tape cassettes etc. in the snow. Those who left their vehicles unlock were robbed. And those who left their garage door opener in the vehicles lost even more.
    There are no safe communities. Maybe Mara logo. :rolleyes:

My sister in law leaves her car door unlocked all the time in a suburban neighborhood. She finds stuff moved around in her car but still hasn't learned her lesson.

I'm waiting for a prankster to take a leak in her car to teach her a lesson.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I'm sure that when some nice homeowner puts a load of buckshot into his chest his momma will claim that he was just out going door-to-door collecting money to pay for seminary.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It looked like the perpetrator attempted to remove the phone camera.

Or he was just pushing repeatedly. People do that. I'd like to know what he saw or heard that made him leave. Of course I have dogs, which makes everyone leave, lol.

He rang the bell then ran back out front to see if any lights came on in the house. I'm sure dogs would have deterred him if they barked.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    He rang the bell then ran back out front to see if any lights came on in the house. I'm sure dogs would have deterred him if they barked.
    That's precisely why I don't turn lights on when things go bump in the night.

Damn, need a dog that won't cower under the bed...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Now my anti gun neighbors want to borrow a gun for home defense.
    I gave them all starter pistols.:)

"I'm sorry neighbor but to borrow that hunting shotgun you will need to get a NICS background check done and then I cannot loan you anything until the 8th day after you put in for it. Unless it's a handgun you want to borrow, in which case the answer is no and if you want your own you better start looking for an HQL class and sending in your fingerprints and we're talking months. It's just common sense. It's for the children. Statistically you are probably not going to need one anyway, after all, you can just dial 911. Now, doesn't it feel good to experience the results of your own 'ideals?'"

Major03

Ultimate Member
    "I'm sorry neighbor but to borrow that hunting shotgun you will need to get a NICS background check done and then I cannot loan you anything until the 8th day after you put in for it. Unless it's a handgun you want to borrow, in which case the answer is no and if you want your own you better start looking for an HQL class and sending in your fingerprints and we're talking months. It's just common sense. It's for the children. Statistically you are probably not going to need one anyway, after all, you can just dial 911. Now, doesn't it feel good to experience the results of your own 'ideals?'"

Absolutely this.

I have an acquaintance who said if things ever really fell apart he’d come to my house. I asked him if his wife would put out, cause if things were that bad I didn’t need him but he needed me. Obviously I was joking.

Point being, people need to start thinking about being self reliant and then vote accordingly.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan

During the Freddie Gray riots I had a couple people inquire about borrowing guns. I declined the opportunity to increase my liability for their own stupidity.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You have a link? That's almost literally next door to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think this:

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local...d-robbery-by-a-teen-reported-in-howard-county

At 6:20 p.m., a woman said her car was stolen at gunpoint on Old Frederick Road near Dorchester Way in Woodstock.

She said she was getting out of her vehicle when she was approached by a male who displayed a gun and demanded her car keys and cellphone.

IIRC This was also reportied on the HoCo police blotter, but I cannot find that page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom