Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 31st, 2020, 10:07 PM #11
Eqinsu Ocha

Eqinsu Ocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdotC View Post
Hello!

New to the board, have already learned a bunch from the folks here. Newbie to the gun world but have dove head first into this world. Appreciate all the knowledge you all can bestow.

Iím not one for much political banter, I just want to be pointed in the right direction. Iíll do whatever I have to do, legally.
Joining MSI (www.marylandshallissue.org) with both your wallet and physical presence is a start. Find out who your representatives are, and make your voice heard. In MoCo, they'll probably ignore you.

The short and sweet version of gun politics is that the Democrats (whether the super-majority in Annapolis, or the dangerously high number in Washington) want to take your guns and throw you in jail. There may be some who claim otherwise, but when it comes to party lines (and it will), they are our enemy. The third parties available to us right now are the punchline to a joke nobody took the time to write. Keeping and adding to Republicans in power is 2A's only hope right now.

Get some friends on board, too. With the current gun buying frenzy, a lot of our former enemies may be on the verge of seeing the light. There are members here who say, "Ef them, and the woke camel they rode in on." While that might feel good to say, it doesn't help our cause. It may not be as easy as turning Darth Vader, but I believe there is some good to be found in the misguided and misinformed. Changing one mind not only gives us an additional vote, it takes one away from the other side as well.

Welcome to the fight. With two daughters, you've definitely got more at stake than a lot of us.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."
Art3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 10:09 PM #12
Eqinsu Ocha

Eqinsu Ocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3 View Post
Joining MSI (www.marylandshallissue.org) with both your wallet and physical presence is a start. Find out who your representatives are, and make your voice heard. In MoCo, they'll probably ignore you.

The short and sweet version of gun politics is that the Democrats (whether the super-majority in Annapolis, or the dangerously high number in Washington) want to take your guns and throw you in jail. There may be some who claim otherwise, but when it comes to party lines (and it will), they are our enemy. The third parties available to us right now are the punchline to a joke nobody took the time to write. Keeping and adding to Republicans in power is 2A's only hope right now.

Get some friends on board, too. With the current gun buying frenzy, a lot of our former enemies may be on the verge of seeing the light. There are members here who say, "Ef them, and the woke camel they rode in on." While that might feel good to say, it doesn't help our cause. It may not be as easy as turning Darth Vader, but I believe there is some good to be found in the misguided and misinformed. Changing one mind not only gives us an additional vote, it takes one away from the other side as well.

Welcome to the fight. With two daughters, you've definitely got more at stake than a lot of us.
Better yet, go to the gun show at Gettysburg this weekend. Join MSI at the booth there (it will save you $5, plus you can actually meet some members), and buy some standard capacity (that means more than 10rounds...standard for the gun, not reduced for the legislature) magazines.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."
Art3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 10:33 PM #13

Welcome from Rockville!
LUVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2020, 10:57 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3 View Post

Maryland Shall Issue is non-partisan, as a liberal/progressive gun owner Iíll second that recommendation.

Most people on here will bash liberals generally, but I havenít ever felt like I wasnít welcome or there was any animus towards me personally. OP steer clear of the Water Cooler section once it starts showing up and you wonít get lost in the more far right content on here.
JerseyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 03:37 AM #15

Location: In Comminuest Monkey Cnty,In the NON Free state of Marylandstine

Location: In Comminuest Monkey Cnty,In the NON Free state of Marylandstine
Welcome from Aspen Hill area of Silver Spring the home of 12 zip codes..
motorcoachdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 08:57 AM #16

Greetings!
LGoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 09:25 AM #17
Goggle it Einstein

Goggle it Einstein

Welcome from G-burg
Old August 1st, 2020, 09:55 AM #18
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Thank you for posting, and welcome.

I'm still not 100% sure you're not an MGA corn-eater, but I am cynical, and distrustful.

Hope to see you in Annapolis, peeing in the ocean alongside the rest of us.
Old August 1st, 2020, 10:04 AM #19

Welcome from Lower MoCo, the root of the county's problems!

Do you have a regular place to shoot? Given the scarcity of ammo, you will want to be good at dry fire.
sleepingdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 10:46 AM #20

Welcome aboard!
28Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Introductions