• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    DC laws are still prosecuted by US Attorney’s. The cost of prosecutions has always been on the Feds. The Feds bear much of the cost anyway.

What DC will object to is their precious “dindonuffins” getting jail time instead of the revolving door justice meted out by DC Court judges.

The Feds don’t play.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    DC laws are still prosecuted by US Attorney’s. The cost of prosecutions has always been on the Feds. The Feds bear much of the cost anyway.

What DC will object to is their precious “dindonuffins” getting jail time instead of the revolving door justice meted out by DC Court judges.

The Feds don’t play.

The FEDS do play. The guy that shot up my car, while i was inside, got 10 years and with good days you only serve 80% sooooo 8 years for trying to kill 4 people. He didn’t know we were cops so i totally understand not charging the Felony Assault on police but 8 years.......he got 1 year for every bullet hole in our car lol

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    The hypocrisy literally explodes from the page!

I pulled a muscle just imagining the contortions that were required to write this article in a way that wouldn't cause a riot.

Just imagine how this would have been positioned to DC residents if Donald Trump suggested this.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The FEDS do play. The guy that shot up my car, while i was inside, got 10 years and with good days you only serve 80% sooooo 8 years for trying to kill 4 people. He didn’t know we were cops so i totally understand not charging the Felony Assault on police but 8 years.......he got 1 year for every bullet hole in our car lol

What would he have gotten if prosecuted in DC court?

RoR?

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    It's been a few years but Corporation Counsel did some minor civil cases and traffic but the DC Court was just a branch of the federal courts. As stated above, prosecutors in DC Court are US Attorney's. I remember when Eric Holder was the lead prosecutor for the DC Court system. Always good for a "no paper" with some overtime. I also have fond memories of having a young USAO tell me that he would charge someone with "Assault on a police officer" because that was just part of my job. Funny, he never did a ride along with us or anyone else I knew in MPD.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It's been a few years but Corporation Counsel did some minor civil cases and traffic but the DC Court was just a branch of the federal courts. As stated above, prosecutors in DC Court are US Attorney's. I remember when Eric Holder was the lead prosecutor for the DC Court system. Always good for a "no paper" with some overtime. I also have fond memories of having a young USAO tell me that he would charge someone with "Assault on a police officer" because that was just part of my job. Funny, he never did a ride along with us or anyone else I knew in MPD.

Lololololol i had the exact same comment basically

“It’s their job to fight you”

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    What do you want to bet if any of those caught are "dreamers" they don't get the Feds involved, period.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The murder rate has gotten so bad (a 40% increase in a year which is virtually unprecedented anytime or anywhere.) DC and Bowser actually had to come crawling to Trump DOJ to help.

DC has been giving in cases it controls, and asking in cases that are federal here, reduced sentencing and even papering (arrest and conviction disappear with community service) for gun crimes as part of a policy.

DC has been bragging about lowering incarceration.

There is a LOT of disinformation in the left wing (mainstream) press and local DC blogs etc on what happened because it goes against narrative/mantra of that criminals are just "rule breakers." Essentially WaPost, WAMU (DC's NPR), DCist et all are now all twisted up in knots about what to say about this news.

They even saying it is the Federal governments fault since DC doesn't control a lot of DC gun crime prosecution. That is a LIE. Not only a) are simple illegal gun possession, and illegal carry adjudication fully controlled by DC (Racine's office), but b) a whole bunch of worse offenses (possession by felon, use or possession of gun while in a crime, weapons assaults) are pled down to simple possession so are also in DC. The actual crime numbers don't match what people are prosecuted for and a lot of gun possession by a felon are kicked down to simple possession

I dont know who is more disgusting, DC officials, or our press which has clearly gone from mere partisanship to outright lying to cover up the cause of the mass slaughter we are seeing in DC lately. The cause is simple, there ere more people than in decades, on DC streets who were caught with an illegal gun before and got a slap on the wrist.

From the 2001 DC MPD's homicide report https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/mpdc/publication/attachments/homicidereport_0.pdf :

Almost every one of the 367 suspects arrested for murders committed between 1998 and 2000 had a history of arrests by the MPDC, including both violent and property crimes.3 In fact, only 15 (4.1 percent) of the arrestees had not been arrested previously by the MPDC.4 Nearly 60 percent of the alleged murderers had between one and five arrests. Almost 25 percent had between six and 10 arrests, and 11 percent had 11 or more prior arrests. The average arrestee had 5.3 prior arrests with the MPDC, with one suspect having 35 prior arrests.

Most murder suspects in the District not only have an arrest record with the MPDC, but also have a history of arrests for violent crimes. Only 8.2 percent of the alleged murderers did not have a prior arrest for a violent crime. In fact, the average arrestee had 2.3 prior arrests for violent crimes. Almost 83 percent had one to five prior arrests for violent crimes, and 9 percent had six or more arrests for violent crimes. The criminal history of one suspect included 12 prior arrests for violent crimes.

Lol, WTF. (by the way the Daron Wint, the guy who killed a family four people with aknife in DC would not be on that list since he had no prior DC arrests, just 14 priors outside of DC. Nor would a fair amount of DC murderers who live in PG and have priors there, lots of those single arrest in DC perps also may have multiple arrests in Maryland which were not counted in the report)

Here is the story: US murder, including gun murder has been falling for 25 years. The rate is half of what it was. A handful of jurisdictions, and examples would be Baltimore and DC have REDUCED incarceration rates for dangerous felons and serious criminals the past five years or so and that is massively driving up their murder rates, and driving up the national average, even though in most places they continue to fall.

You can read Washington Post "Wonkblog", and their and other fact checking sites till you are blue in the face and they will come up with the most tenuous, abstract and absurd reasons for murder rate trends -- and none will even acknowledge the slam dunk clear correlation with incarceration rates, which not only correspond over time, but vary over place with places like DC which buck strong sentences -- then running counter in the murder rate. It is not just a correlation, it is obviously casual relationship.

Just take look:
    https://prospect.org/sites/default/files/us_violent_crime_rate_and_incarceration_rate.jpg

DC has has a very sharp decline in incarceration the last five years

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Lowering incarceration rates is why Vince Gray said in a radio interview DC decriminalized fare gate jumping on Metro. “ We don’t want to ruin prople’s lives.”

Ok den

Bet it works as well as reducing gun crime.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010

Which is ********. VA will paper getting breathed on. I've heard it plenty of times. "I don't **** around in the commonwealth." Cause they know if they step outta line they get hammered.

Here is just "don't do that anymore, carry on."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom