• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    No guns in Balto City Schools

Friggin NUTS!

Bernard Kerik is right on! Uniformed police officers in Baltimore will be required to disarm before entering a school. This endangers the school, and endangers the officers who will be in uniform, without their service weapon.

The Baltimore City school board voted down a measure that would allow police officers to be armed in schools for the defense of students and teachers.
    The Baltimore Sun reported that the vote was unanimous in maintaining the current policy of keeping officers disarmed in schools during daytime hours.

Police officers will still be allowed to carry their weapons outside the schools prior to the start of classes and after classes, but they must disarm before enter

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/28/baltimore-school-board-votes-disarm-police-schools/

Last edited:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If I was a Police officer, I would refuse to work at a school unarmed.
    I'm sure there is some screaming going on within the Union.

David

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is current policy, they voted not to change it.

It’s also apparently racist:
    Parent Melissa Schober opposed armed officers by claiming that nearly every person arrested by officers in Baltimore schools has been black.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Quote:
    Parent Melissa Schober opposed armed officers by claiming that nearly every person arrested by officers in Baltimore schools has been black.

Maybe that's because nearly every student is also black?

I assume that officers ignore this rule. Who would stop them?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

So ... she's silent on the need for arrests, and just wants to be sure that the officers who have to deal with it are more able to be killed?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If you're surprised by this then it may be because you are making the mistake of thinking democrat and liberal elitists actually care about the safety of kids and officers. They don't. They care about ideology. The little people don't matter to them.

I remember when Anne Arundel County started the DARE program I was one of the officers to teach it the first years. We had this retarded policy then. Democratic county exec and a no-balls chief. Liberals on the school board were all upset about "that intimidating thing" being in the classroom. They finally changed it after a couple of years. Thank God nothing ever happened.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    I would refuse that assignment which is set up for failure.

I guess they can throw rocks and board erasers at any threat or maybe call the local police.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I would refuse that assignment which is set up for failure.

I guess they can throw rocks and board erasers at any threat or maybe call the local police.

All well and good but the police who come to help would have to turn in their weapons to the school nurse before entering to stop whatever incident was occurring.

How can the people who think this stuff up be in charge of anything. When all thought process and logic go out the window you can become a politician.

Yeah, I know there are a few good ones out there but not enough of a majority to make change as is proven by continuance of illogical policies and rules.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    At this point I just pretty much write the city off as having a non-functional government. It's simply anarchy, and it's a mistake to think of it as anything better if you should ever need government services there. I work downtown everyday and I pray to God I don't ever need help or become a victim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom