• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jayjyo

Jan 1, 2013
    Thanks buellsfurn...

I did submit to my Legislators for House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737 but will be sending another communication to include HB0092, HB0095, HB0096, HB0468, HB0740 (total BS), HB0786. There are some from the Republican side worth supporting...HB0541, HB0722, HB0781(I know there are differing opinions on this??), HB0834, HB1146 and even the one sponsored Speaker HB0236 (of course the laws actually have to be enforced...)

ca18thc

Sep 7, 2013
    Done, I sent the following e-mails:

To My Esteemed Legislators,

I am writing to ask that you reject House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. The bills are poorly written and unconstitutional. If they become law, the bills will only harm honest law abiding voters and do nothing to reduce crime. Laws such as these only serve to erode rights guaranteed by the US Constitution.

Thank you for working for the benefit of your communities and constituents.

Last edited:

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    "something" up a rope comes to mind from deep in Monty Co here, but FWIW one more email is off to the reps. My text in case anyone's interested:

To my elected representatives;

Re: HB92/SB113, SB8, HB95, HB96/SB346, HB612, HB468/SB41, HB740/SB882 and HB786/SB737

As a constituent I request that you vote AGAINST the above listed legislation. These are poorly written, unconstitutional and ultimately unenforceable measures which will do nothing to reduce crime or enhance public safety, but will have direct results including forcing thousands of law-abiding citizens to surrender their property or become criminals.

I accept that you do not care that I do not agree with these measures, and will vote for them regardless, but I wish to add one more voice to the opposition to these continued infringements on Maryland citizens' civil rights as clearly enumerated in the U.S. Constitution (this legislation, in parts, violates protections of the 1st, 2nd, and 5th amendments as a start).

Thank you for your attention,
    me

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    Emailed mine yesterday, Hough, Cox, Barrie, Pippy.
    Only person to respond with a form letter was Cox below,
    Dear Dan,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact our office regarding bills attacking gun ownership. I oppose legislation infringing in any way on constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights.
    I have sponsored several bills to protect Second Amendment rights: HB 541, HB 1215, HB 1030, & HB 1247, & have cosponsored HB 670 & HJ 0005. More detail about these bills can be found on the Maryland legislative website, http://mgaleg.maryland.gov.
    I appreciate your willingness to voice your opinion and contact my office. If there is anything else that you feel our office may be able to assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Sincerely,
    Delegate Dan Cox
    Legislative District 4, Frederick and Carroll Counties

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    thanks for the link, hoping to make a difference and keep this unconstitutional mess from going any further than it already has

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    You guys need to figure out something a little stronger than writing emails to people who won't listen.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Emailed mine yesterday, Hough, Cox, Barrie, Pippy.
    Only person to respond with a form letter was Cox below,
    Dear Dan,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact our office regarding bills attacking gun ownership. I oppose legislation infringing in any way on constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights.
    I have sponsored several bills to protect Second Amendment rights: HB 541, HB 1215, HB 1030, & HB 1247, & have cosponsored HB 670 & HJ 0005. More detail about these bills can be found on the Maryland legislative website, http://mgaleg.maryland.gov.
    I appreciate your willingness to voice your opinion and contact my office. If there is anything else that you feel our office may be able to assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Sincerely,
    Delegate Dan Cox
    Legislative District 4, Frederick and Carroll Counties
    I have the same reps. Got the same message from Cox and still nothing from the others. Called their offices 3 or 4 times.

I hate politicians.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Here is what I sent...not a wordsmith, but I think I make my point.

I am writing to urge you to reject and vote against the poorly written, and unconstitutional bills, House Bill 0612 and House Bill 0786.

These bills will do nothing to reduce violence and crime stemming from the drug trade in Baltimore and elsewhere across the State of Maryland. Predictably, law abiding people are once again to be punished to appease those filling the ranks of national gun control groups, all of which are pushing their agenda of disarmament of the honest and hard working people across the United States.

HB0612 in particular is a poor attempt to criminalize and control a firearm that was never regulated to begin with and was excluded from the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. Unfortunately, if this bill passes into law, thousands of law abiding Maryland residents will forced into giving up their legally owned property, or face the threat of 3 years in prison and/ or a fine of $5000 for non-compliance. That is not liberty, not by a long shot.

As bad as HB0612 is, HB0786 is even more conflicting with the obvious money grab from the licensing scheme, the ridiculous requirement of providing finger prints, and having to wait seven days to take possession of a firearm that is currently transferable with a form 4473 and a NICS instant background check.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and your NO vote for these insufferable and unconstitutional infringements on the civil rights of law abiding Marylanders.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Here is what I sent...not a wordsmith, but I think I make my point.

I am writing to urge you to reject and vote against the poorly written, and unconstitutional bills, House Bill 0612 and House Bill 0786.

These bills will do nothing to reduce violence and crime stemming from the drug trade in Baltimore and elsewhere across the State of Maryland. Predictably, law abiding people are once again to be punished to appease those filling the ranks of national gun control groups, all of which are pushing their agenda of disarmament of the honest and hard working people across the United States.

HB0612 in particular is a poor attempt to criminalize and control a firearm that was never regulated to begin with and was excluded from the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. Unfortunately, if this bill passes into law, thousands of law abiding Maryland residents will forced into giving up their legally owned property, or face the threat of 3 years in prison and/ or a fine of $5000 for non-compliance. That is not liberty, not by a long shot.

As bad as HB0612 is, HB0786 is even more conflicting with the obvious money grab from the licensing scheme, the ridiculous requirement of providing finger prints, and having to wait seven days to take possession of a firearm that is currently transferable with a form 4473 and a NICS instant background check.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and your NO vote for these insufferable and unconstitutional infringements on the civil rights of law abiding Marylanders.

This is really good. Now, please, follow it up by making an appointment with each of your representatives and go talk to them (or their staff) either in Annapolis or in the district office. Here is the link for finding out their contact information. Enter your address. http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home&poptype=find&popid=

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I just sent this to my representatives:

I am a registered Democrat who is pro-gun. Instead of sending specific correspondence for each gun bill, I will instead ask you to vote against any and all anti-gun bills put before you. Please instead focus your energy on the true source of violent crime which is the unofficial "catch and release" policy for violent criminals in Baltimore. If you truly wish to reduce violent crime, then fix our judicial system with respect to the evil people pulling the trigger, rather than infringing on good people's ability to protect themselves.
    Thank you for representing me in this manner.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Sent as well. Don’t worry if it is a cut-and-paste, or if you made your own message. Unique contacts from constituents count in their calculations, and often they will just “keep score” of how many for/against communications they receive. Terrasa is one of the sponsors, and she’s one of my District’s Delegates, so there is little hope anything I say will change their minds, but votes are votes.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hi Everyone,

Even if you have done it before , please just take 5 minutes and go here;

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmmain.aspx?pid=legisrpage&tab=subject6&poptype=find&popid=

and send a short message to your legislators. Here is what I sent....

Contact Legislator(s)
    Message will be sent to Guy Guzzone, Vanessa E. Atterbeary, Shane E. Pendergrass, Jen Terrasa

To My Respected Legislators,

I am writing to implore you to reject any support for the poorly written, unconstitutional bills, House Bill 612 and Senate Bill 737. These bills will do nothing to reduce any kind of violence and will only harm honest, law abiding voters.

THANK you for your consideration,

Bigfoot21075

Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom