• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walt296

Apr 17, 2018
    My father purchased a HK93 semi auto back in 1984 or 83.
    He wants to transfer it to me.
    Under the new MD laws, since it is a banned firearm, can he transfer it to me now or do I have to inherit the HK via thru his will after he passes. (Which I hope is a long long time from now!)
    A couple dealers that I asked, really didn't know.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    are you friggin' serious, a father can not hand over a firearm to his son or daughter? what an absolute shame. was there a date back in time where this was legal, and what if any documentation or the like needed to be done?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    are you friggin' serious, a father can not hand over a firearm to his son or daughter? what an absolute shame. was there a date back in time where this was legal, and what if any documentation or the like needed to be done?

Regulated firearms need a will for inheritance thanks to FSA2013

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Where have you been for the past 5 years? Under a rock? :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    BANNED firearms must be inherited. We don't like it , but it was an improvement over the original 281 to even be able to do that .

Non- Banned Regulated Firearms still transfer by the usual processes .

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Now if you SBRed the gun... then I think he could! Just chop like an 1" off that barrel after registering it with the ATF and I think it would then be transferred in??? Yeah, its kind of expensive way of doing it.

Also I think the HK33 had a 15.4" barrel... so maybe you could find an original barrel for it!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Now if you SBRed the gun... then I think he could! Just chop like an 1" off that barrel after registering it with the ATF and I think it would then be transferred in??? Yeah, its kind of expensive way of doing it.

Also I think the HK33 had a 15.4" barrel... so maybe you could find an original barrel for it!
    This is a very viable path to get some banned guns. Same reason that pinning a muzzle device or suppressor makes sense in some cases to get over the OAL hump.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Give em ten years and they’ll ban any inheritance of property, for private property only exists to hold down the workers; except for party members of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom