• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I don't have the link with me but I ordered a Thompson Center Compass 30-06 with a Vortex Crossfire II 3x9x40 Scope from Kygunco.com for $283 after a $75 Mail in Rebate. The scope sells for $149.99 on amazon. So you a getting the rifle for essentially $135. I read nothing but good things about Thompson Center and have been happy with My T/C Impact Muzzleloader. It is available in multiple calibers. 308 and 6.5 were sold out when I looked last. Also it is free shipping and no CC fees.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I like the crossfire II scopes. Not the same as my Vipers, but decent glass. I have a 4-12x44 on my AR and shoot it out to 600 yards with few problems.

I've been eyeing this deal and been extremely tempted to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I like the crossfire II scopes. Not the same as my Vipers, but decent glass. I have a 4-12x44 on my AR and shoot it out to 600 yards with few problems.

I've been eyeing this deal and been extremely tempted to pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Companies from all I have every heard are top notch. While this is not either company's top line, it seems to be a great deal for two quality products at a really low price.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    No personal experience with either the rifle or the scope.

But from what I've read, I don't think you can go wrong for $283.00 for that combo.

The big complaint I hear with the rifle revolves around the stock being flimsy. Hell, that's a lot of plastic stocked rifles nowadays.

There's great, there's good, and there's also plenty good enough.

Let us know what you think about it.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Just ordered one with no scope in 6.5 Creedmoor. Price is $272.83 with free shipping, so after the $75 rebate it will be $197.83. Its on backorder but I'm in no hurry.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How is the T/C on accuracy? CDNN had them as well, 6.5 would be my choice but ... you get what you pay for right??

I have a TC Icon in 243 that is sub MOA. Can't speak for the venture. TC discontinued the Icon as everyone now wants an inexpensive rifle like the Ruger American and the Venture is along those lines.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have a TC Icon in 243 that is sub MOA. Can't speak for the venture. TC discontinued the Icon as everyone now wants an inexpensive rifle like the Ruger American and the Venture is along those lines.

Thanks, I may just enter the 6.5 Creedmoor realm with this sale.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Just ordered one with no scope in 6.5 Creedmoor. Price is $272.83 with free shipping, so after the $75 rebate it will be $197.83. Its on backorder but I'm in no hurry.

Just a heads up that I just cancelled this order. After doing some research, I found and verified with T/C (S&W) customer service that as a result of the Compass recall (http://compassrecalltcarms.com/), T/C basically made the adjustable trigger only adjustable between 5-6 lbs. Still a great deal on the rifle, but at this time there are no aftermarket triggers and I don't know if it would make it cost effective if they did??? Now looking into the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 CM.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Incredible deal! I have a Rem700 SPS Tactical for my "Durr Huntin' Rafle" needs but would make a great Christmas present for pappy if he ever makes it somewhere he can hunt with a rifle. Thanks!

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Has anyone received their rebate? I submitted my rebate online but never received a confirmation email and have not received my email. I am wondering if I should try to submit it again, I haven't looked at when it expires, hopefully it hasn't past.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I received my rebate in the small infamous non descript envelope. I wonder how many people throw theirs away, I guess they do the rebates and bank on people not filling them out or hoping they lose the rebate check

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom