• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I ordered one too. How funny is that?

Several of us are stepping out next weekend to commune together, and perhaps shoot some zombies. Join us if you feel up to it. JUIYFUTI

Copy Right, Trademark and Patent pending:
    JUIYFUTI

Thank you for the offer. Sounds like a great time. I'll be spending time with my family that night.:thumbsup:

My new Boker Nano came today. I am very pleased with it. It is very well made, every part is tight. It even came in a presentation box with custom cut foam.

A great deal fo $40. Thanks for the recommendation.

Attachments

• 20151027_192813.jpg
      20151027_192813.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 582

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    My new Boker Nano came today. I am very pleased with it. It is very well made, every part is tight. It even came in a presentation box with custom cut foam.

The Boker Plus line isn't made in Solingen, but they're still held to high standards, nonetheless.

Although I don't have a Nano, I've got a number of Boker knives, and their fit/finish/craftsmanship is outstanding.

I hope yours treats you as well as mine have...

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I carry a Emerson Mini CQC everyday and its an amazing knife(blade length is 2.9" so not quite what your looking for).

If you are in southern Maryland the best knife guy I have found is in St Leonard. He has tons of high/med end blades in stock.

http://www.mdggifts.com/3-knives

I have been meaning to go up to his shop and grab a balisong+ a practice model just for giggles.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I just bought a spyderco dragonfly 2 and a 5.11 tactical diaper bag. I need to cut myself off

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thank you for the offer. Sounds like a great time. I'll be spending time with my family that night.:thumbsup:

A great deal fo $40. Thanks for the recommendation.

Cool. The event went great, easily 50+ folks attended, all had a great time.

I've had my Boker Nano for about the same time as you (I think we both purchased at the same time). I've digging it, I've carried it everyday, and play/use it often for any cutting chore. I find the fat-like tip a little less useful than many other blade shapes, but for a 440C blade, it's holding up well. It's so small it can easily be carried in any fed/gov building, totally legal, but I'm not sure how useful it is as an EDC and for last ditch self-defense... I guess it beats nothing.

I carry a Emerson Mini CQC everyday and its an amazing knife(blade length is 2.9" so not quite what your looking for).

If you are in southern Maryland the best knife guy I have found is in St Leonard. He has tons of high/med end blades in stock.

http://www.mdggifts.com/3-knives

I have been meaning to go up to his shop and grab a balisong+ a practice model just for giggles.

Yep, that knife will probably be ok and allowed in most places that actively screen, but technically it's a hair too long for the fed regulations. Normally I see them just ignore small-ish pocket knives, I've even seen security folks open the blade and hold it to their hand and if it wasn't longer than the width of their hand (typically 3.5-4") they say, ok. I think they do this to just demonstrate that they are discerning, and don't mean any harm. I'm actually cool with that, but unless otherwise specifically authorized, I keep it to the 2.5 or less limit - I don't want the awkwardness (in the rare case) of them 'holding' my knife, or asking me to take it back out to my car, or lock it up.

I don't go into federal buildings often, but when I do, I don't want any hiccups.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Update, I've owned and carried nearly daily this Boker Nano knife. It's a solid pocket knife, but I'm not liking it for emergency SD use. Main reason is that it's difficult to open with one hand. secondly there's little protecting your fingers from the blade, except the grip angle and a strong grip. Lastly, it's not pointy at all, I think it would be very difficult to get penetration with this knife, point angle is just too shallow.

There are many blades that are 2.5" or less that are much better for EDC purposes.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Just picked up this Spyderco Chicago G10. My first Spyderco. First impression is of a very well made little knife.:thumbsup: it has a 2" blade.

I got it from Amazon fo $40.46.

Attachments

• 20151208_185137.jpg
      20151208_185137.jpg
      25.8 KB · Views: 479

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Just picked up this Spyderco Chicago G10. My first Spyderco. First impression is of a very well made little knife.:thumbsup: it has a 2" blade.

I got it from Amazon fo $40.46.

I like that. And it looks like the handle is large enough to hang on to. I have a Kershaw Chive that is just tool small to hold on to very well.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Good choice. May not be your last Spydie.

Think I'll be ordering one of these. It will be my first Spyderco but I have heard good things about them from a guy who uses his daily for work. I have a Spyderco Paramilitary on back order right now. A lot bigger but liked what I've read about them.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I picked up a Gerber Ripstop I from Gander Mountain last month. The blade is about 2.3" long, so it meets federal building requirements. It clips easily enough in my pocket. The grip is long enough to fit my hand, but it's not as easy to open as a longer blade. The blade has thumb studs and a liner lock. For $19.99, I'm not going to cry too much if it gets lost. Cheaper on Amazon ($9.30) https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Ripst..._cp_469_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=ANFA4JEY2GZY2VB7BA3V. I will probably be picking up a few more.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I recently got a Spyderco Chaparral and I have to say it is an awesome EDC knife, perfect size. The Dice is another more upscale knive right at 2.5". Neither are a heavy use knife however. In that case, something like the Dragon Fly or Ambitious in the Spyderco product line up.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    This topic impacts me almost daily. For years I would carry a small knife (like a dragonfly 2, mini-grip, or delica) when faced with blade length restrictions. However, I prefer a full-handled knife for almost any task, particularly when strong control or leverage might be required. Most stubby-bladed knives don't satisfy this preference. Don't get me wrong, small knives have their place ... and I have, use, and like many of the models already mentioned in this thread. But for multi-purpose EDC, particularly when arbitrary government or workplace blade length restrictions are imposed, blade modifications can also be an option. Here are a few Endura and Delica examples. Hope I haven't committed knife sacrilege:

Attachments

• bench grips.jpg
      bench grips.jpg
      24.6 KB · Views: 318

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This topic impacts me almost daily. For years I would carry a small knife (like a dragonfly 2, mini-grip, or delica) when faced with blade length restrictions. However, I prefer a full-handled knife for almost any task, particularly when strong control or leverage might be required. Most stubby-bladed knives don't satisfy this preference. Don't get me wrong, small knives have their place ... and I have, use, and like many of the models already mentioned in this thread. But for multi-purpose EDC, particularly when arbitrary government or workplace blade length restrictions are imposed, blade modifications can also be an option. Here are a few Endura and Delica examples. Hope I haven't committed knife sacrilege:

I agree, modifying a blade, especially if that 'feature' is what is critical (blade length); then you have to do what you have to. A good friend did the same thing to a fairly expensive blade. I think there are enough very good small knives with sufficient sized handles for me. New knives coming out all the time, looks like you don't have to wait for them to make one for you, you've made your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom