Will Obama go thermonuclear on the SCOTUS today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This guy is terrible. He's all over the place in his rambling, whiny speech, largely blaming the Republicans and saying they are going to 'resist' Trump and 'hold him accountable' for his promises.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.55.35 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 12.55.35 PM.jpg
      18.5 KB · Views: 444

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Schumer the douche is on floor of Senate ginning up his Leftist colleague base, lambasting Trump for conducting foreign policy by tweet, among many other things.

At least Trump, in stark contrast to his predecessor, might actually conduct foreign policy instead of acquiescing and succumbing to the will of the world's worst actors.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Jim, my friend, funny you might elect to use the word conduct.

The noun is foreign if not anathema to the Dims.

The verb is IMO stricken from their vocabulary when it came to many critical domestic and international issues. Indeed, instead they abdicated then b1tched loudly and longly about the outcome.

For shame.

AMF

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The senate rules change regularly. They vote on them at the beginning of each session, IE every 2 years. The 60 person threshold, I believe, was put in by the D's several years ago to end debates and was considered the nuclear option. It was higher before that. They did it to stop the filibusters that Republicans threatened and to help push through things like the ACA.

"In 1975, the Senate reduced the number of votes required for cloture from two-thirds to three-fifths, or 60 of the current one hundred senators."

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Filibuster_Cloture.htm

The exact wording changed from two-thirds (i.e. 66 of 100 senators) to three-fifths (i.e. 60 of 100 senators). The percentages do not need to be updated when the number of senators changes, you only need to recalculate how many make up two-thirds or three-fifths. Where the three-fifths is applied was changed by the Demoncrats a couple of years ago.

When the PP-ACA (Obamacare) was passed it was done via Reconciliation, which only required a simple majority.

The nuclear option was used by Harry Reid to enable the appointment of radical left-wing judges to the various federal courts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/22/u...-motion-steps-to-limit-use-of-filibuster.html

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Jim, my friend, funny you might elect to use the word conduct.

The noun is foreign if not anathema to the Dims.

The verb is IMO stricken from their vocabulary when it came to many critical domestic and international issues. Indeed, instead they abdicated then b1tched loudly and longly about the outcome.

For shame.

AMF

Yes, maybe it's part of their victim mentality.

More sage words from Schumer: "Our challenge is too entrenched for mere tweeting. Making America great again requires more than 140 characters per issue. With all due respect, America cannot afford a Twitter presidency."

Which reminds me of:

1. #BringBackOurGirls; and
    2. While Trump will tweet foreign policy from the Oval Office, Schumbag will never rise above being Harry Reid's successor, to carry on his despicable legacy from the Senate floor. (I avoided using "conduct").

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Yes, maybe it's part of their victim mentality.

More sage words from Schumer: "Our challenge is too entrenched for mere tweeting. Making America great again requires more than 140 characters per issue. With all due respect, America cannot afford a Twitter presidency."

Which reminds me of:

1. #BringBackOurGirls; and
    2. While Trump will tweet foreign policy from the Oval Office, Schumbag will never rise above being Harry Reid's successor, to carry on his despicable legacy from the Senate floor. (I avoided using "conduct").
    Big fella, I wasn't faulting you.

Instead I was leveraging your use of a very good word. It gave me pause for thought. Thank you.

You were and are spot on.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Big fella, I wasn't faulting you.

Instead I was leveraging your use of a very good word. It gave me pause for thought. Thank you.

You were and are spot on.

I didn't take it as a slight at all. I merely embellished and reflected on your own words of wisdom. And I agree with you 100%. I was spot on. lol. :D

Heard Dan Bongino on the radio yesterday, reflecting on -0-'s foreign policy, and he said he couldn't think of one single -0- foreign policy success in the past eight years. Nada. Got me thinking. I'm stumped, too.

But Schumbag already has lots to say about Trump's foreign policy tweets, which so far have resulted in expressions of support and cooperation from all over the world. Maybe if -0- had been restricted to 140 characters per issue, he might have actually gotten to the point and achieved something.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Schumer: I'll 'absolutely' work to keep Supreme Court vacancy open.

:sad20:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...utely-work-to-keep-supreme-court-vacancy-open

Choice quotes:
    “We are not going to settle on a Supreme Court nominee," Schumer said Tuesday in an interview on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow.

"If they don’t appoint someone who’s really good, we’re gonna oppose him tooth and nail.

"It's hard for me to imagine a nominee that Donald Trump chooses that would get Republican support that we could support."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom