Votes: 27 44.3%
    • CZ Scorpion

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Here is a picture of the 1 Precision Firearms put together .

Attachments

• 2015-11-259523.04.10.jpg
      2015-11-259523.04.10.jpg
      26.2 KB · Views: 616

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    very nice!
    which block insert are you using, or is that a dedicated lower?

It's 1 of the top insert style. I can't remember who makes it. I have a fee of the bottom style billet 1s on a few other builds. Some hate them. Some have no issues with them. I guess I'm lucky , so far no issues on them.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It's 1 of the top insert style. I can't remember who makes it. I have a fee of the bottom style billet 1s on a few other builds. Some hate them. Some have no issues with them. I guess I'm lucky , so far no issues on them.

yea i had a bottom style Hahn Precision insert and sent it back. no fault of the insert, i was using an anderson lower and they have a tapered mag well. i could have pinned it but i decided to get a dedicated lower instead.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    yea i had a bottom style Hahn Precision insert and sent it back. no fault of the insert, i was using an anderson lower and they have a tapered mag well. i could have pinned it but i decided to get a dedicated lower instead.

Interesting, on mine I'm using them on billet lowers with machined magwells so maybe that's why I haven't had a issue yet ?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Saw an out of state friend's CZ EVO the other day he had SBR'd with a folding stock. It's one sweet gun. Lots cooler than my Colt 9MM AR. But far from making MD's stupid OAL requirement. And mags are cheap and designed for the gun so should be reliable. Not always so with Colt 9MM mags.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    If the CZ has a delayed blowback action (I'm too lazy to look) that should make it a better SBR/suppressor host as it would be quieter than a 9mm AR.

it's just straight blowback, just like the ar pistols. In AR pistols in 9mm, the gas system is not used, the barrel has no port and the bolt no lugs

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    it's just straight blowback, just like the ar pistols. In AR pistols in 9mm, the gas system is not used, the barrel has no port and the bolt no lugs

So the CZ will perform the same way the 9mm AR does. As far as I can tell, a delayed blowback action would be the only major selling point, as it will make a better suppressor host.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Ar if you want parts now. Triggers in particular..

An if you sbr and ar lower..you can use multiple uppers for the same tax stamp.

One day someone may figure out that a mag well adaptor may not be needed if one had a 9mm mag in the same external form factor as an attachment mag...like how they do .22 lr conversations.

It would seem feasible..

This leaves a muli cal capable sbr one tax stamp.. I would guess a fair number of other conversions would be possible... Maybe 10 mm?

.357 sig..

Etc.

I like the CZ.. But its hard to justify another set of mags..

I have a colt 9mm..but its colt mags..

If I did a 9 mm I would use Glock thus time ...I goes with other Glock based pcc's

There is no right answer of course... But I am droling over the idea of not needing mag blocks for ars in pistol calibiers..

The only issue I see ,and I am no expert of course.. Is that the buffer tube may need to be caliber specific.

I can imagine that using a gas position buffer...not the operation the buffer..may allow the same buffer to be set to different.residence settings.. Like air shocks..one set screw and you are done..

It's a nice gun the cz...no question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom