What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    For me it comes down to money. When the government decides to 'nationalize' my retirement account (the canary in the coal mine), that's when it's time for a revolution. Thankfully, I'm not solely dependent on my retirement account for retirement.

Sadly we've seen the first step: Obamacare, i.e. socialized and forced healthcare 'insurance' (socialized medicine). When Roth IRAs, IRAs, 401Ks, and the like are seized in the name of 'common sense' retirement planning, it's time to revolt.

Stealing from me to give to others: that's why I've left Maryland. When I can't retreat any longer, it's time to fight.

CPT_Ethanolic

Sep 18, 2013
    For me it comes down to money. When the government decides to 'nationalize' my retirement account (the canary in the coal mine), that's when it's time for a revolution. Thankfully, I'm not solely dependent on my retirement account for retirement.

Sadly we've seen the first step: Obamacare, i.e. socialized and forced healthcare 'insurance' (socialized medicine). When Roth IRAs, IRAs, 401Ks, and the like are seized in the name of 'common sense' retirement planning, it's time to revolt.

Stealing from me to give to others: that's why I've left Maryland. When I can't retreat any longer, it's time to fight.

Your money was "nationalized" in the bank bailouts - and is "nationalized" every day in the form of implicit government backing of private banks. Private profits, nationalized losses.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Everything tastes better with cheese.

Brown_mastica_chewing_gum.gif

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Ha - yea, I even wasn't considering the logistical aspects. I've seen trained combat medics almost pass out the first time they saw a soldier with a double leg amputation. Seeing casualities alone would take 50% of the US population out of any fight. And over here in Afghanistan we're fighting an enemy that is better armed and better trained than just about anyone in the US and who has been actively fighting for generations. Ask them how they stand up against the NATO/ISAF forces - there's a reason they don't engage us with small arms fire. The preper with his AR15 and a few thousand rounds up in the hills will last a fraction of the time even the Afghans last should the US government decide to fight back. Talking about an "armed revolution" is nonsense from Budweiser bad-asses.

Unless of course a Coup d'état was part of the revolution.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    As I can't even fit into my cammies anymore, quite honestly when everyone is shooting around me which at point I wouldn't have much say in the matter.

If there is any revolution in the near future in will not be a planned armed insurrection. Its going to be triggered by something like dozens of LA riots happening at the same time, the military coming in and there being some snowball affect from there.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I find talk of "revolution" to be rather amusing. Even with WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the conflicts in South America, Iraq 1 and 2, and Afghanistan, I'm betting that still less than 1% of the US population has seen or served in a combat zone. It's easy to talk big and bad about "revolution" without realizing the reality of what that involves. The things that occur in combat are some of the most horrific in the human experience. I'm not a big fan of paying taxes or of many government oversteps but, seriously, if you know the reality of combat you understand that neither taxes nor government regulation comes even close to being bad enough to want the alternative. A revolution is a war - and a particularily bloody one at that.

^This

Gun community has way too many toy soldiers that think they are big and bad because they take that one tactical class a year and read a bunch of books on prepping. Talking about revolution is idiotic. You need massive amounts of organization, money, equipment, information, etc. All of which the people calling for revolution do not have.

Yes, you have an AR-15, 10,000 rounds of ammo, and enough food to last you 5 years in your bunker in the woods. And after one drone strike all of that will be gone and you will be dead. Congratulations, you died for nothing.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Americans are too soft for something like this. As long as they have their cable tv and their cheeseburgers, nothing will happen but continued suffering at the hands of the US government.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Now I could see some succession movements gaining traction but for it to be Texas it would have to be in the next 20 years or less they are getting a lot of liberals invading because of the jobs they "creating". Hell Google is building a big data center in San Antonio.

In 10 years texas will be blue if the Republican party doesn't get smart.

The massive Latino population votes heavily for democrats and the large cities are full of liberals.

If Texas turns blue we will never see another Republican president.

TX- 38

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    In 10 years texas will be blue if the Republican party doesn't get smart.

The massive ILLEGAL MEXICAN population votes heavily for democrats and the large cities are full of liberals.

If Texas turns blue we will never see another Republican president.

TX- 38

FTFY

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I will not answer for myself, but will quote Silveira v. Lockyer, 328 F.3d 567 (2003), in which Judge Alex Kozinski of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reminded us:

All too many of the other great tragedies of history - Stalin's atrocities, the killing fields of Cambodia, the Holocaust, to name but a few - were perpetrated by armed troops against unarmed populations. Many could well have been avoided or mitigated, had the perpetrators known their intended victims were equipped with a rifle and twenty bullets apiece, as the Militia Act required here. ... If a few hundred Jewish fighters in the Warsaw Ghetto could hold off the Wehrmacht for almost a month with only a handful of weapons, six million Jews armed with rifles could not so easily have been herded into cattle cars.

My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    This has to be a peaceful revolution. This is intellectual and while it may not happen over night more and more people are starting to "get it" at least a little bit. Whether you watch one news channel or the next, (I watch em all cause theyre mostly biased) I see FNC bringing this up and bringing lots of libertarians to the shows.

Take care of your selves and let your children see these "old skills" where you learn to do things for your selves. This crap with police depts getting street tanks and armored cars, if something goes down im sure enforcement persons will be offered incentives for their families to take the job and go against the common man protestor. To become a govt "minion" as a plan B to QE not keeping the economy afloat...

Who knows...

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Since you guys are East Coast dudes I don't know how much you know about Chris Donner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Dorner

He was the ex-cop/sailor that decided to take on LAPD last year. It was amazing how much damage he did. The police literally quite enforcing laws other than violent felonies that were in the process of being committed. The sheer manpower that was sent after one guy willing to die sort of made you wonder if that had been 50 guys all acting in tandem up and down California what would have happened.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    logistically speaking if one were to happen it would need to be coordinated effort in every strategic target, you would need to divide the responding forces. Even with all the Federal LEO, military, NG they could not respond to every flair up in the 50 most populated cities at the same time. Not to mention you would need to use the the one group they hold dear to garner public opinion. If you use the inner cities as shelters any move against a revolutionary force would be seen as move against the very people that keep them in power.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Nothing good would come from my drawing a line in the sand on a traceable forum.

I have one, but I'm not going to say any more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom