• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    If your interested in some carpentry work, I have a large renovation project on marriotsville rd.

Thats pretty close to me. Don't really have any carpentry experience, but willing to learn anything.

Will PM you

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Sorry if I missed it but were you thinking about the military as a career? I would suggest an MOS that allows you to transition into a civilian job in case you decide to get out.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Sorry if I missed it but were you thinking about the military as a career? I would suggest an MOS that allows you to transition into a civilian job in case you decide to get out.

No, I don't plan on a career in the military and I want to see combat. I've decided/thought about it all for a while now. Its Infantry or Recon

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Not sure about the marines, but with the Army at least, there are several jobs that can take you where you want to go, Infantry is a good start, Calvary scout is good too, but any combat MOS will since most will have slots for airborne/air assault, SF, and a few other schools. That's one good thing about the Army, schools and promotions...

oh and beware of recruiters, get the facts first before you sign. Too many goes in and in the end, well, lets just say they could have done better.....

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Not sure about the marines, but with the Army at least, there are several jobs that can take you where you want to go, Infantry is a good start, Cavalry scout is good too, but any combat MOS will since most will have slots for airborne/air assault, SF, and a few other schools. That's one good thing about the Army, schools and promotions...

oh and beware of recruiters, get the facts first before you sign. Too many goes in and in the end, well, lets just say they could have done better.....

Calvary is a place, Cavalry is a group of soldiers on horseback.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Not sure about the marines, but with the Army at least, there are several jobs that can take you where you want to go, Infantry is a good start, Calvary scout is good too, but any combat MOS will since most will have slots for airborne/air assault, SF, and a few other schools. That's one good thing about the Army, schools and promotions...

I'm aware, get it all in writing, makes sure I know what I'm signing

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012

+1. I know you have no wish for the military, but Air Force is a good option.

It's great you got your head right, but you also need to see yourself in 5 years ahead.

Get yourself a white collar professional job, that pays for school or something. Suffer now, and not when you are in your 40s or 50s. When you have money in your twenties, you ll love life!

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    No, I don't plan on a career in the military and I want to see combat. I've decided/thought about it all for a while now. Its Infantry or Recon

What do your ASVAB scores look like, what would you like to do once you get out?

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    What do your ASVAB scores look like, what would you like to do once you get out?

Haven't taken it yet, i'm not a dumb kid though. I'll study and do well. I'd like to start my own business or company of some sorts. I don't plan on working for others. If that happens I failed the only goal I really had lol.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Haven't taken it yet, i'm not a dumb kid though. I'll study and do well. I'd like to start my own business or company of some sorts. I don't plan on working for others. If that happens I failed the only goal I really had lol.

What kind of business? Owning a business isn't all it's out to be. Got friends, who makes 130k, 170k and other mid to high 100k, working m-f 9-5, all vacations, sick hours....

Study to get computer certification, like Java, .NET, Microsoft, networking, share point, or anything on your free time, all you will be surrounded by hot women, nice cars, nice crib, and great vacations by you mid to late 20s. Wish I knew, when I was your age.

But owning your own business has benefits too. But you can always go into business own your own, oppose to getting into entry level jobs

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    What kind of business? Owning a business isn't all it's out to be. Got friends, who makes 130k, 170k and other mid to high 100k, working m-f 9-5, all vacations, sick hours....

Study to get computer certification, like Java, .NET, Microsoft, networking, share point, or anything on your free time, all you will be surrounded by hot women, nice cars, nice crib, and great vacations by you mid to late 20s. Wish I knew, when I was your age.

But owning your own business has benefits too. But you can always go into business own your own, oppose to getting into entry level jobs

I don't know yet, there are so many different routes to go, and it depends on whats going on in the world. I don't care if it isn't all it seems, thats for me to find out. That's great for them, I don't want to be like them. I'm glad they're happy working for other people. I'll go my own way.

It's not all about the money, nor is it all about the materialistic things in life. I want to create jobs, add to the economy, do good in this world, help people, leave something behind when I go. Yeah it sounds cheesy, everyone wants to be a star, but I don't want to sit and whine about the worlds issues, I want to make a difference. I don't care what my salary comes to be or how many zero's sit in my bank account balance line. I'm not chasing money, i'm after happiness and fullfilment. I think a superficial, materialistic, and selfish lifestyle like that is disgusting and If I ever became that way I'd hope that overnight I lost it all. Too many people focus on things that don't matter.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I don't know yet, there are so many different routes to go, and it depends on whats going on in the world. I don't care if it isn't all it seems, thats for me to find out. That's great for them, I don't want to be like them. I'm glad they're happy working for other people. I'll go my own way.

It's not all about the money, nor is it all about the materialistic things in life. I want to create jobs, add to the economy, do good in this world, help people, leave something behind when I go. Yeah it sounds cheesy, everyone wants to be a star, but I don't want to sit and whine about the worlds issues, I want to make a difference. I don't care what my salary comes to be or how many zero's sit in my bank account balance line. I'm not chasing money, i'm after happiness and fullfilment. I think a superficial, materialistic, and selfish lifestyle like that is disgusting and If I ever became that way I'd hope that overnight I lost it all. Too many people focus on things that don't matter.

Not telling you what to do. people who make a great living are not all about material goods and superficial. The people I know are all great people. All down to earth and super nice.

It's cool that you that you see the world like that. I wish you the best, but my advice to you is get paid, while your young, especially if you plan to have a family in the future. My advice to you is, go get certified in something or go get a degree. Might sound cheesy, but find a mentor, who is doing something you want to be doing. You ll might even find some here on MDS. I had Nnztg8r and gamer_jim , who were huge help for me, when I was changing careers. Your definitely in a great path for success, beat of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom