• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    With any luck, I will be hunting and hopefully taking a deer (or two) this firearms season from a friend's place in St Inigoes (St Mary's County). Are there any recommendations for local butchers that are priced reasonably?

I use B&T in Washington Co as my reference. They do a standard cut for 55 dollars.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I have used the Amish on Rt 5 in Loveville for the past several years and have always been happy with their work.

Mike (can't remember his last name) on Indian Bridge Road always did a good job for me too, I think his prices may be a bit higher than the Amish but I can't remember by how much.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I have used the Amish on Rt 5 in Loveville for the past several years and have always been happy with their work.

Mike (can't remember his last name) on Indian Bridge Road always did a good job for me too, I think his prices may be a bit higher than the Amish but I can't remember by how much.

Mike McWilliams. Right hand side as soon as you turn onto indian bridge from st andrews church rd. Good guy and I think a regular cut is 50 but dont quote me. I never pay anyone to cut up my deer, just drop off donated deer there for FHFH.

Wild Game Processors
    22399 Indian Bridge Rd.
    California, MD 20619
    240-925-6994 (cell)
    301-475-9667 (home)

Last edited:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Charles County

Chucks Butcher Shop
    6942 Indian Head Hwy
    Bryans Road, MD
    301-375-8371

(personal experience - good luck finding them around after hours, except for shotgun season. Chucks has an after hours phone number, but it is rather useless. I stopped using them 2 years ago and I now do my own processing. call ahead)

Rick's Place
    Rick Turner
    13800 Petzold Dr
    Bryantown, MD
    301-396-4888

( never used him, but, I have heard only good things about him)

St. Marys County

Nice Rack
    Butcher Shop
    Paul Trossbach
    27000 Glebe Farm Lane
    Mechanicsville, MD 20659
    240-925-0744

(fairly new operation from my understanding 1-2 years ???)

Wild Game Processor
    Mike Williams
    22399 Indian Bridge Rd.
    California, MD 20619
    240-925-6994 (cell)
    301-475-9667 (home)

( social reports are iffy on this guy, but, I have never been there )

Calvert County

Rowell's Butcher Shop
    995 German Chapel Rd
    Prince Frederick, MD
    443-295-7449

NICE RACK BUTCHER SHOP (Mechanicsville, MD) is open and ready for your deer. Our state of the art butcher shop has been inspected and approved by the health department. We are a custom processor and our butchers process one deer at a time the way you want it cut. The deer you harvest is the deer you will get back GUARANTEED! Are you a hunter who loves to hunt but would love to just donate your deer? Well the NICE RACK BUTCHER SHOP is a Farmers Feeding the Hungry (FHFH) Donation Location. Simply drop off your deer to our shop and we do the rest at no cost to you! Is your freezer full of meat from last season? Well, turn that into Deer Bologna, Jerky, Snack sticks or Sausage! We have many new flavors this year! Call us today and schedule a drop off! 240-587-0246 "Like" us on FACEBOOK where you will find tons of information about the NICE RACK BUTCHER SHOP!

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    Can anyone verify if any of these cutters actually know their cuts of meat? I don't want the hind quarters just hacked into steaks or roasts. I want them to make the appropriate cut for each muscle-top round, bottom round, shank, chops that sort of thing.

The Amish in Loveville do not, and they cut through the bone which I don't like either.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Can anyone verify if any of these cutters actually know their cuts of meat? I don't want the hind quarters just hacked into steaks or roasts. I want them to make the appropriate cut for each muscle-top round, bottom round, shank, chops that sort of thing.

The Amish in Loveville do not, and they cut through the bone which I don't like either.

VERY hard to find guys that use knives around the bones. Most take the saw and crosscut the muscle groups.
    If you do find one, they'll more than likely be over-flowing with customers and not taking any more business. Happens to mine every year, but he still takes his regulars regardless.

Good luck and lets us know if you find one.

joemac

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2010
    West Point Va
    VERY hard to find guys that use knives around the bones. Most take the saw and crosscut the muscle groups.
    If you do find one, they'll more than likely be over-flowing with customers and not taking any more business. Happens to mine every year, but he still takes his regulars regardless.

Good luck and lets us know if you find one.

It's this reason that I think about setting up a shop and hiring a butcher one day to process deer.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    now THAT is how it's done!

deer-carcuss-after-deboning.jpg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    according to google map.. its 55mins..

they are in south prince frederick maryland.
    i've use them and very nice people.
    rowell's butcher
    995 German Chapel Rd, Prince Frederick, MD 20678-3646
    443-295-7449

heres the list of butchers from dnr..
    you may find something closer..
    http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/Hunt_Trap/FHFH/meatproc.asp

I like using this guy...he usually gets them done 3-4 days after you drop off...recommend!:thumbsup:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    i had the smoked stuff they send out. I liked that. I also had some breakfast sausage made this last time. I have not tried this yet...hopefully its good!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i had the smoked stuff they send out. I liked that. I also had some breakfast sausage made this last time. I have not tried this yet...hopefully its good!

:D:thumbsup:

havent tried their breakfast sausage.. will try some next time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom