Florida Permit fingerprint cards wrong??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    You should also check with your local LE offices. Some city and town agencies may still have services available.

Freedom

Aug 15, 2011
    I used Maryland Livescan for my fingerprints. They advertise fingerprints for the Florida permit system, but when I submitted my application, I received a letter from the Florida permitting office saying that my fingerprints must be done by a "law enforcement agency", and as such, my Livescan fingerprints aren't acceptable. Has anyone else had this problem?

Same problem for me. I received a letter from Florida last week telling me I needed a hard card from a law enforcement agency. MSP apparently isn't processing cards, but the Carroll County Sheriff does them on Tuesdays between 1 and 3, if that's convenient for you.

I'm a little annoyed that I wasted $10 with Maryland LiveScan, but such is life.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Must be different for out of state applicants, because next friday I have an appointment at the local office of the Florida Department of Agriculture to live scan my fingerprints and submit my application.

I love living in florida. :D:thumbsup:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Must be different for out of state applicants, because next friday I have an appointment at the local office of the Florida Department of Agriculture to live scan my fingerprints and submit my application.

It is. Difference being they are transmitting direct from Livescan to FL Department of AG and Licensing (or whatever it is).

Same with MD, if you are physically here, you Livescan, if you are out of state, you mail in a card (then,..... they mail it back to you, but, that's another thread :o )

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    My Dept did livescan, but then just printed them onto the card. They then stamped the Agency name on the other side. This was about a month ago. I received my new FL permit a couple days ago so they accept it (again, as long as it's printed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom