• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11wideglide

Feb 3, 2017
    Baltco
    Hello all,

I am thinking about joining the AGC (and one of the clubs) curious to know however, how much brass is usually available for pick up on the 100 yard range? I am new-ish to reloading so I'd like to stock up on brass. I know it will vary from day to day but has there been times where you have left with a considerable amount of brass? Thank you

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Depends on what calibers you are looking for and if the guys on the line are not reloaders. Some guys get to the line early in the morning (about 8:30 or so) to pick up brass in front of the shooting pad. Just remember it is not cool to take brass that is already in the brass bucket as the AGC recycles it (and gets a few dollars for the range).

11wideglide

Feb 3, 2017
    Baltco
    Depends on what calibers you are looking for and if the guys on the line are not reloaders. Some guys get to the line early in the morning (about 8:30 or so) to pick up brass in front of the shooting pad. Just remember it is not cool to take brass that is already in the brass bucket as the AGC recycles it (and gets a few dollars for the range).

Well I sure did not know about the bucket, thank you. I guess when I join I will just have to ask around and if people are not collecting it for themselves I will take it.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Well I sure did not know about the bucket, thank you. I guess when I join I will just have to ask around and if people are not collecting it for themselves I will take it.

For sure you are welcome to all the 9mm I shoot on the pistol range.

I have found most folks who do not reload do not mind letting you police their brass!

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Do it right, and *ask* before you pick it up. Never assume.

And like someone else said, taking out of the bucket is not cool, as the range considers that a donation. That brass is sold to fund improvements, and other things. Think of it, as taking money out of the offering plate at church.

Also covered, you will find LOTS of reloaded brass sitting on the ground. In fact most of what you find will be reloads.

And if that doesn't matter to you, I have a bunch of reloaded brass I collected before I knew what to look for. You are welcome to it.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I have never seen much brass in the buckets, they are usually filled with non-reloadable steel cases. Who says it is "not cool" to take brass from the buckets? I know of no official policy. As far as I'm concerned, if you can use brass that someone else left behind, you are welcome to it. A couple of pieces of brass certainly isn't going to break the AGC, especially since they didn't pay for it to begin with!

Go else where. AGC stands behind Patty West who is a member of the maryland handgun permit review board. She agrees with maryland law in regards to citizens having to have a good and substantial reason to get a carry permit.

She sides with the MSP in almost every handgun permit review case but has no problem taking people's money to teach her wear and carry permit couse.

Her significant other is Mr Bruzdzinski

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Depending on where you live... there really isn't much else in the greater Baltimore area. I'd rather have something <40 mins from my house with more relaxed rules about guests and shooting at steel.

That said I've met lots of good people there, it's a pretty large facility with lots to offer. You want to shoot black powder, machine guns, air rifles, or trap? There are clubs for that. Once you join the range it's cheap to join any number of clubs, and most have open events for other members anyway.

As far as brass goes, the high volume periods are weekends when it's nice out. Ask first and you can collect as much as you want. I don't see many guys shooting 7.62/.308 brass but there is 5.56 and 9mm aplenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom