Onerous Gun Bills, Written Testimony Submission, and We Strenuously Object.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Was hoping we could use this thread to outline the procedures for writing our testimonies and mailing them in.

There are cutoff dates for submitting our statements and numbers of copies for each bill and things like that. Can those in the know please provide the forum with this information? Like a main mailing address if one exists.

I looked around for a list of the Republicans and Democrats who will sit in on gun bill testimony day, but I can't find anything. Just the names of the bill sponsors and co-sponsors.

For myself, I'm planning on writing to each Legicritter sitting in to hear/dismiss (Democrats Only) our testimony.

Mods, any chance of making this a sticky? Just until the session is over.

Much thanks in advance.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Senate info here:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-jpr-faqs.pdf

Cliff Notes:
    Written: Please provide sixteen (16) copies of written testimony to Committee staff by 12:00 PM the day of the bill hearing. The bill’s number, the name of the individual or organization submitting the testimony, and the individual or organization’s position (Support, Support with Amendments, or Opposed) should be clearly marked on the first page of testimony. Please do not submit testimony with plastic covers, binders or other materials that cannot be easily filed or recycled. Electronic testimony – facsimile or email – is not accepted.

House info here:
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-jud-faqs.pdf

Cliff Notes:
    Written testimony must be submitted no later than two hours prior to the scheduled start of the hearing (generally, 11:00 A.M.).

Written testimony must include the following on the front page: the bill number, the name of the individual or organization submitting the testimony, and their position (Support, Support with Amendments, Oppose, or Informational).

Thirty copies should be submitted to the committee clerk in the committee room. Electronic testimony – facsimile or email – is not accepted.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Was hoping we could use this thread to outline the procedures for writing our testimonies and mailing them in.

There are cutoff dates for submitting our statements and numbers of copies for each bill and things like that. Can those in the know please provide the forum with this information? Like a main mailing address if one exists.

I looked around for a list of the Republicans and Democrats who will sit in on gun bill testimony day, but I can't find anything. Just the names of the bill sponsors and co-sponsors.

For myself, I'm planning on writing to each Legicritter sitting in to hear/dismiss (Democrats Only) our testimony.

Mods, any chance of making this a sticky? Just until the session is over.

Much thanks in advance.

Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee Members (http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=jpr&tab=subject7&ys=2017RS)
    Zirkin, Bobby A. (Chair)
    Kelley, Delores G. (Vice Chair)
    Brochin, James
    Cassilly, Robert
    Hough, Michael J.
    Lee, Susan C.
    Muse, C. Anthony
    Norman, Wayne
    Ramirez, Victor R.
    Ready, Justin
    Smith, William C., Jr.

House Judiciary Committee Members (http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=jud&tab=subject7&ys=2017RS)
    Vallario, Joseph F., Jr. (Chair)
    Dumais, Kathleen M. (Vice Chair)
    Anderson, Curt
    Atterbeary, Vanessa E.
    Cluster, Joe
    Conaway, Frank M., Jr.
    Glass, Glen
    Kittleman, Trent
    Lewis, Jazz
    Malone, Michael E.
    McComas, Susan K.
    Moon, David
    Morhaim, Dan K.
    Parrott, Neil
    Proctor, Susie
    Queen, Pam
    Rey, Deborah C.
    Sanchez, Carlo
    Sydnor, Charles E., III
    Wilson, Brett

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have a question...didn't letters get written to this same group of names last year? and the year before that and so forth and so on? And didn't they for the most part ignore them and vote for anti gun bills anyway?

I respect your opinion and understand your position, but let's maintain the intended purpose of this thread.....

.....Rallying support and providing information to those who do wish to contact their legislators.

Thanks to, All.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I have a question...didn't letters get written to this same group of names last year? and the year before that and so forth and so on? And didn't they for the most part ignore them and vote for anti gun bills anyway?

Yes and no. The House Judicial and Senate Judicial appointments haven't changed (same dudes and dudettes). But we killed all of the bad bills for the most part for the past 3 years.

I respect your opinion and understand your position, but let's maintain the intended purpose of this thread.....

.....Rallying support and providing information to those who do wish to contact their legislators.

Thanks to, All.

What I am getting at is the same old tired and failed mentality...we have a pro 2A president in DC.. it's time to bypass the GA and force a change through federal legislative action..how about advocating for a law that strips states that infringe of their federal money? How about a law that allows victims of violent crime the right to sue non SHALL ISSUE states in federal court?

you and I both know that what you are asking will have zero affect so why do it? 30+ years of doing the same thing with nothing changing ...there is a lesson in there somewhere...

Let me put it another way...If all the people on this list sent you a request to support an anti 2A bill what would you do with the letter? Yep, you'd throw it in the trash...now you know what will happen..

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What I am getting at is the same old tired and failed mentality...we have a pro 2A president in DC.. it's time to bypass the GA and force a change through federal legislative action..how about advocating for a law that strips states that infringe of their federal money? How about a law that allows victims of violent crime the right to sue non SHALL ISSUE states in federal court?

you and I both know that what you are asking will have zero affect so why do it? 30+ years of doing the same thing with nothing changing ...there is a lesson in there somewhere...

Let me put it another way...If all the people on this list sent you a request to support an anti 2A bill what would you do with the letter? Yep, you'd throw it in the trash...now you know what will happen..

I understand exactly what you're saying.

I also understand that you can start a separate thread and say it there.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

All of the ideas you propose are good ones. None of them are on the table right this minute. Fight the fight we are in now, and plan for future fights at the same time. These actions are not mutually exclusive. This is what our enemies do, so we have to do the same if we want to prevail.

All of the ideas you propose are good ones. None of them are on the table right this minute. Fight the fight we are in now, and plan for future fights at the same time. These actions are not mutually exclusive. This is what our enemies do, so we have to do the same if we want to prevail.

No, our enemies protest, riot, organize and use activist judges to get their way...they most certainly do not write letters to politicians..I am not advocating protests and riots but the 2A community is hardly organized...hundreds of small groups scattered all over the country...and few if any actually understand the mindset of American liberals enough to counter their gun control agenda..The very nature of politics is to support those that elected you...here's a clue...those here aren't the ones that elected the antis...that's really all you need to know when it comes to understanding why your letters to these politicians will never be read by them...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

You forget - for the most part, they don't care about your opinion at all. They just want to look busy so they can get reelected next time around.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    No, our enemies protest, riot, organize and use activist judges to get their way...they most certainly do not write letters to politicians..I am not advocating protests and riots but the 2A community is hardly organized...hundreds of small groups scattered all over the country...and few if any actually understand the mindset of American liberals enough to counter their gun control agenda..The very nature of politics is to support those that elected you...here's a clue...those here aren't the ones that elected the antis...that's really all you need to know when it comes to understanding why your letters to these politicians will never be read by them...

OK, to try to tie this back to the topic -

Our state and Federal adversaries have had at least a half century or more to build the machine they use against us (and to maintain and increase their own power). The most effective legal way to do this is to annoy them to death by loudly and repeatedly show up and testify against their corrosive bill proposals. That includes delivering pounds of written testimony to shame them ON THE RECORD.

Wanting to get the Feds involved to provide a solution (i.e., free sh1t) has done us no good locally, and is a big part of how this country got -0- in the first place, IMO.

Remember, all politics is local.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Reading over the witness guidelines, it spells out listing the testifiers name. Does that mean listing an address too?

Also, does front cover mean Cover Letter? With testimony being a second sheet of paper? Staples? Paper clips?

Thanks.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Reading over the witness guidelines, it spells out listing the testifiers name. Does that mean listing an address too?

Also, does front cover mean Cover Letter? With testimony being a second sheet of paper? Staples? Paper clips?

Thanks.

No typically when I testify I just give them my voting district. No need to provide address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom