• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    kinda like the 5000 people who showed up in Annapolis to protest FSA2013 got their attention?

they don't care.

Perhaps feedback with a cc: to your favorite media outlet(s) may work better. Email is free...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    kinda like the 5000 people who showed up in Annapolis to protest FSA2013 got their attention?

they don't care.

The 5000 people in Annapolis were trying to influence the General Assembly about proposed legislation under a Democrat Governor who favored the infringement.

The feed back is directed to a Republican Governor who is the boss of the individuals you are complaining about and who asked for feedback in an effort to improve service.

If you can't see the difference....

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The anti carry aggressive behavior shown by MSP towards law abiding citizens attempting to get a carry permit is endemic to the entire organization and feedback to the contrary will not change the overall attitude inside the LD or the HPRB

There is no difference and there will be no change until the entire culture in Annapolis changes.

There is nothing different to see.

more feel good Govt.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The 5000 people in Annapolis were trying to influence the General Assembly about proposed legislation under a Democrat Governor who favored the infringement.

The feed back is directed to a Republican Governor who is the boss of the individuals you are complaining about and who asked for feedback in an effort to improve service.

If you can't see the difference....

Perhaps the administration will take heed if thousands descend on Annapolis again this year.:innocent0

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Perhaps the administration will take heed if thousands descend on Annapolis again this year.:innocent0

More likely some of the GA who were under Mom's thumb will be more willing to listen to reason. Between Hogan and Trump they can see the political wind is shifting and since the only cause they fight for is getting themselves reelected so some will be modifying their position to appear more appealing.:sad20:

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    More likely some of the GA who were under Mom's thumb will be more willing to listen to reason. Between Hogan and Trump they can see the political wind is shifting and since the only cause they fight for is getting themselves reelected so some will be modifying their position to appear more appealing.:sad20:

Absolutely no political wind shifted one bit in Maryland in 2016. If 80% of Marylanders voted for her, and perhaps only 65-70 % should have, there was NO shift. What we saw was 15-20% of registered MD Republicans who abandoned ship and voted for her when they should have been throwing their support behind Trump.

They voted with the likes of old man Bush, Hogan and a lot of other turds who need to be outed and flushed.

The MD General Assembly is firmly entrenched and in control of our gun rights, and that is not going to change in my and most of your life times. Would give a right gonad to be wrong, but....

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany
    Not Forgotten: Carmen, LLoyd, Dave, Jim, Rusty, Buck, John, Bill, John, David.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County

they don't care.

If you think that the 5,000 Pro gun supporters did not make an impression on our Elected Officials, you are wrong. It was not enough to change the predetermined outcome, but Gov. O'Malware (and the Mike and Mike Sh1t Show) had to spend a whole bunch of political capital to keep people in line, so they would not change votes. It cost them dearly and was close right up to the last vote (and re-vote).

They noticed, but they will soon forget if we can't keep the numbers increasing each year.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It didn't change any votes did it?

because they don't care about a small minority of people who won't vote for them anyway

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    It didn't change any votes did it?

I assume you were there and saw what transpired, but yes, it did change votes... temporarily. They had to be "bought" back by the powers that were. Legislators were running scared. That is an effect. Up to that point in time, we were just few inconsequential Gun Nuts who showed up. Now we are seen as a large voting block of Gun Nuts. Where they barely gave us a thought before, we are now a real concern.

because they don't care about a small minority of people who won't vote for them anyway

That's where the DINO effect comes in to play.

There is no One Hit Wonder that will make changes happen overnight, they will only happen slowly over time... read my sig line.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was there and they noticed us, but as I stated, nothing changed. Perhaps if Hogan gets a second term and becomes a lame duck, something might change

I am always hopeful but we need to realize where we are

I attend HPRB meetings, and try to be politically active, so I haven't given up either.

I don't want to be painted as a negative Nelly like some others here. I am however a realist but I don't sit behind a keyboard and just bitch either.

YMMV

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I think I am being too optimistic.. But maybe the change will be the sudden surge of Anti-Trumpers that suddenly think they need to protect themselves from the government finally realized all the hurdles they let their elected representives erect for them. They are already whipped up into a frenzy, they just need to be nudged into contacting their reps to roll back these changes, and more.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The efforts in 2013 didn't make FSA go away, but did make it significantly change form, make make the other side work hard to do it instead of the expected slam dunk cake walk.

The overwhelming majority for Clinton was narrower than would have been expected on previous Dem overwhelming majorities.

On a positive note, I Will be able to attend this one.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I was there and they noticed us, but as I stated, nothing changed. Perhaps if Hogan gets a second term and becomes a lame duck, something might change

I attend HPRB meetings, and try to be politically active, so I haven't given up either.

I don't want to be painted as a negative Nelly like some others here. I am however a realist but I don't sit behind a keyboard and just bitch either.

YMMV

No problems, we both are fighting the same fight. :thumbsup:

Your statements were factually correct, I am just pointing out the, admittedly, small changes that have occurred. We are attempting to reverse the course of an at-speed freight train. While we have not stopped it yet, we have reduced it's speed and momentum. With continuing efforts we may actually bring it to a complete stand still, and then, eventually, reverse it's course.

Keep up the good fight, my friend.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

YMMV

Not only did it change votes it changed the entire bill.....

The entire bill was set to be scuttled and instead, 7 distinct working groups for the 7 parts of Maryland law they wanted to change.

Until.....

The night before the House joint committee vote, O'Malley, The President of the Senate and the Speaker of the house had a come to Jesus meeting with the Democrat members of the joint committee. They were told they would vote for the bill and what 10 amendments were "approved". If they didn't vote as directed, they were threatened with their committee appointment by The Speaker and with the loss of discretionary spending for their respective districts by O'Malley, The Speaker and The Senate President.

We made a difference, so much so that indeed the leadership in Annapolis had to threaten folks to get what they wanted. In essence, we made them cheat and cheat very hard.

By the way, if you were at the joint committee vote, did you notice who sat behind the Chair?? That would have been the President of the Senate, Mike Miller. Now I have to ask, what the hell was the President of the Senate doing, sitting behind the chair of a House joint committee?? We found out when they cheated a second time on Mike Smeigel's bill when they had the revote.

So, in short, yes, they noticed and yes, it made a difference, and yes, we need to continue to increase the numbers year over year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom