• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I'm September 2017 and haven't heard a peep. NFA tracker has a few september but not many.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I get the feeling that they hit a wall in August 2017 due to all the summer sales. No real evidence other than the fact that my Griffin Optimus is still in NFA jail, and I bought that a couple weeks after the two that cleared recently. Which is annoying, because I really want to take it on my business trip later this month. Maybe I'm just tired of waiting haha

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    IIRC, if you are Federally licensed to receive C&R items, you can purchase a C&R NFA item (whether from in-state or out-of-state) and, after BATFE approval, have it shipped directly to your door. No in-state NFA FFL dealer is involved.

Yes, the Form 4 part was simple. I just filled out my license info instead of my SOT's. I was just curious if anyone had recent input on the wait time for a C&R transfer. I'm hoping for "special treatment". :D

CHEF

May 25, 2011
    frederick Md
    Individual
    Form 4 through Silencer Shop kiosk.
    Purchased August 30th 2017
    Pending September 19th 2017
    Approved April 3rd 2018

The lady at the ATF said the shop should get the stamp in 30 days.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Form 4 through Silencer Shop kiosk.
    Purchased August 30th 2017
    Pending September 19th 2017
    Approved April 3rd 2018

The lady at the ATF said the shop should get the stamp in 30 days.

Hope this helps.

Trust or individual?

It finally arrived!

Submitted 8/29/17.
    Approved 3/26/17
    Arrived at FFL 4/11/18

Form 4 Individual

Check cashed almost exactly two weeks later in September.
    0bdab2c8cff37bfdac27eb3c08271980.jpg

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Damn this thread pisses me off. I turned a form 4 in for a transfer at my LGS in August. They didn’t mail it to the ATF until freaking November!!!! By the time I get my SBR I would have paid for it almost 2 years ago!!!!!

Grrrr... sorry for the rant. I just want to shoot my beautiful Arsenal Slr104-58 one day

Damn this thread pisses me off. I turned a form 4 in for a transfer at my LGS in August. They didn’t mail it to the ATF until freaking November!!!! By the time I get my SBR I would have paid for it almost 2 years ago!!!!!

Grrrr... sorry for the rant. I just want to shoot my beautiful Arsenal Slr104-58 one day
    Wow that's rather inexcusable. You have a right to be pissed, I'd be too.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

What was the reason given? That is BS. I have never had that happen. Out them.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Oh, man, that SUCKS, plus, this scares the heck out of me because I am waiting for a MG to come in to my LGS on a form 3 (should be any day now) so I can begin the form 4 to put it in my trust. Maybe I'll see it in my safe before Christmas? ARRRRRRRRGH!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Just found out my Griffin Optimus was approved on March 7, with the stamp sent out sometime thereafter. As it has been longer than 30 days. NFA Branch suggested I contact my SOT after I called them to ascertain its status. United Gun Shop is trying to track down what happened. That is . . . Frustrating. I have a trip coming up in about a week and a half that I was hoping the Optimus would be going on with me. Assuming it didn't fall down behind a shelf or get misfiled, that is looking REALLY unlikely.

kenwest

Aug 28, 2011
    You could post the stores name and confirm they offered you nothing to make it right, maybe a few more people will take their business elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom