• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    https://professional-troublemaker.com/

Law student was denied full carry permit (and just lost at a NY appeals court).
    What's interesting is he's also going after permit info through FOIA (called FOIL in NY) and attacking the corruption of the system, going from the Sullivan Act's inception up until today. Interestingly enough his permit was denied by a licensing official, who, weeks later, was charged in a "pay for permit" scheme.
    It seems to be as thorough as it gets, and I thought he handled himself quite well during oral arguments, which are posted on the link above.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    It’s nice to see at least some in the next generation fight to keep a right that is fading away.

Over the last few weeks I have gone from things will get better to it’s over. This article is at least slowing the 2A dispair I’ve felt.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Good Stuff there. Surely NYC seems to not support “that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth”. Hell, Maryland could care less as well.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    IMHO I believe he will lose because it is NYC and NY where it is a hotbed of rabid anti 2A government. The mayor of NYC and all the rich want to protect their club of "us only" when it comes to having a permit and its easier to control the people when they can not fight back.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Sure, although it's an interesting case and if he loses here (or the NY court of appeals denies review), he can appeal to SCOTUS.
    Take note he is challenging on both open and concealed carry grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom