• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Hello, is anyone a member of the Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club that could give me some information? I am looking to start shooting long range and saw they have the range and matches there. I would like to find out more about their programs or training they offer as well as membership.
    I have been on their webpage and the FB page and can’t seem to find any information on how to find out more.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Hello, is anyone a member of the Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club that could give me some information? I am looking to start shooting long range and saw they have the range and matches there. I would like to find out more about their programs or training they offer as well as membership.
    I have been on their webpage and the FB page and can’t seem to find any information on how to find out more.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Good luck. I've been a bit frustrated by the whole thing, not Bridgeville, no experience there at all, just the general situation here in MD.. Peacemaker in WV is the premiere LD range within a few hours drive for 1,000+ yards. Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman club has 300 yards I think, also 340 defense has 300-400 yards depending when you asked. Williamsport, PA has the original 1000 yard club. What are you shooting? The caliber/cartridge can be a problem at a lot of places.

You can use this link. Put in your zip code. Under the search function, click "show filters" and you can search by range distance.

https://www.wheretoshoot.org

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I've never shot Bridgeville but heard its nice but usually windy.

Don't forget Reade range in PA, they have electronic targets now....that's awesome especially in the July/August heat.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Good luck. I've been a bit frustrated by the whole thing, not Bridgeville, no experience there at all, just the general situation here in MD.. Peacemaker in WV is the premiere LD range within a few hours drive for 1,000+ yards. Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman club has 300 yards I think, also 340 defense has 300-400 yards depending when you asked. Williamsport, PA has the original 1000 yard club. What are you shooting? The caliber/cartridge can be a problem at a lot of places.

You can use this link. Put in your zip code. Under the search function, click "show filters" and you can search by range distance.

https://www.wheretoshoot.org

Shooting my newly acquired RPR 6.5 Creedmore. Want to learn how to shoot out at far distances.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I've never shot Bridgeville but heard its nice but usually windy.

Don't forget Reade range in PA, they have electronic targets now....that's awesome especially in the July/August heat.

Never heard of Reade range, but I’m gonna look them up.
    Thanks!

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I'm not a member but I shoot matches at Bridgeville often. It's a great range. The 600 and 1000 yard ranges are separate and I'm pretty sure the 1000 yard range is only open during scheduled matches. Meaning you can't just walk in and start shooting on the 1000 yard range anytime you want, but at 600 you maybe able.

Just like Reade, Bridgeville now has electronic targets too, however I believe they are only used during matches and not available for the general membership.

Seeing as you have a RPR. I'm assuming you'll be looking to get into PRS style matches. If this is true, I'd look into NHRPC, Peace Maker, or Mayberry as these ranges host PRS style matches. If you looking to get into NRA High Power type matches NHRPC, Bridgeville, and Reade would be your best bet, but be advised that muzzle brakes are not allowed in High Power matches.

If you're still interested in joining Bridgeville, let me know and I'll find out who you need to talk to, I'm surprised the website doesn't have a POC.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm not a member but I shoot matches at Bridgeville often. It's a great range. The 600 and 1000 yard ranges are separate and I'm pretty sure the 1000 yard range is only open during scheduled matches. Meaning you can't just walk in and start shooting on the 1000 yard range anytime you want, but at 600 you maybe able.

Just like Reade, Bridgeville now has electronic targets too, however I believe they are only used during matches and not available for the general membership.

Seeing as you have a RPR. I'm assuming you'll be looking to get into PRS style matches. If this is true, I'd look into NHRPC, Peace Maker, or Mayberry as these ranges host PRS style matches. If you looking to get into NRA High Power type matches NHRPC, Bridgeville, and Reade would be your best bet, but be advised that muzzle brakes are not allowed in High Power matches.

If you're still interested in joining Bridgeville, let me know and I'll find out who you need to talk to, I'm surprised the website doesn't have a POC.

Now that you mention electronic targets at Bridgeville, I do remember that Reades borrowed some equipment for the Remington open.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I am a member. You have to be sponcered by two members. Cost is not prohibitive. It $125 a year which includes a share. After that it is $75. You have to join the Delaware sportsman association which is $25. Great club and if you have more interest PM me.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County

Thank you for the great information....

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I am a member. You have to be sponcered by two members. Cost is not prohibitive. It $125 a year which includes a share. After that it is $75. You have to join the Delaware sportsman association which is $25. Great club and if you have more interest PM me.

Kenpo, thank you also for the great information on the club. Once I get a scope, and learn the RPR, I will definitely let you know about joining..

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I belong there too. Just hard to know a week ahead of time that I will be able to shoot there. Going to try to get out this year to try it out. I’m looking for a club where I can learn to shoot out long distances without high pressure.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I belong there too. Just hard to know a week ahead of time that I will be able to shoot there. Going to try to get out this year to try it out. I’m looking for a club where I can learn to shoot out long distances without high pressure.

Im no expert at all...but I've shot fclass (can't shoot with a muzzle device though)for 5 years or so and never really much pressure there. I've shot a DMR match as well, didn't feel pressure either.

Might be better to take a class at "bang steel", that way you can get dope of your rifle and not feel any pressure.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Im no expert at all...but I've shot fclass (can't shoot with a muzzle device though)for 5 years or so and never really much pressure there. I've shot a DMR match as well, didn't feel pressure either.

Might be better to take a class at "bang steel", that way you can get dope of your rifle and not feel any pressure.

Thanks.. I am looking to take his class, been communicating with him just trying to make date that will work for me.
    Where do you do your F shooting and DMR matches?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thanks.. I am looking to take his class, been communicating with him just trying to make date that will work for me.
    Where do you do your F shooting and DMR matches?

Fort Hill and Reade range mainly.... only done one DMR match and that was Mayberry in Westminster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom