• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jettster

May 18, 2008
    Due to a pending issue with my ex, I'm preemptively planning on selling my firearms. I can always buy more later, but for the time being, I think it's best i divest myself.

It's been a while since I've been active here and even a while since I've even gone to the range.

I'm looking for some recommendations for some local shops to sell/consign my small collection. AR lower, WASR, SKS's, Sig 9mm, Bersa Thunder, Mosin's, lever rifles, Saiga 12 project...

Any help would be appreciated. It was a tough decision, but it's the best for my current situation.

EDIT:

I'm in Howard County, but willing to drive. I'll put together a list and post it up as well.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Due to a pending issue with my ex, I'm preemptively planning on selling my firearms. I can always buy more later, but for the time being, I think it's best i divest myself.

It's been a while since I've been active here and even a while since I've even gone to the range.

I'm looking for some recommendations for some local shops to sell/consign my small collection. AR lower, WASR, SKS's, Sig 9mm, Bersa Thunder, Mosin's, lever rifles, Saiga 12 project...

Any help would be appreciated. It was a tough decision, but it's the best for my current situation.

EDIT:

I'm in Howard County, but willing to drive. I'll put together a list and post it up as well.

We can handle the consignments for you if you like and are not to far from the HOCO area. let us know if we can help.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I’d give you $100 cash for everything, if you ever want to buy it back you can have it all for $100.

Hell of a great offer, IMO.

Sounds like the ideal solution to a temporary problem.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I’d give you $100 cash for everything, if you ever want to buy it back you can have it all for $100.

That is what MDS should be about. Good on you Jon.

I wonder if it would be wise to also put a 30 day wait (in writing) on transferring the guns back after his intent to buy in order to nullify any red flag law issues. I'm not sure if that is required or necessary but I would think an attorney would say he still has possession if he can buy any of the firearms back immediately.
    Just something to consider.

Good luck Jettster.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Depending on version of the Bersa I might be interested. PM me details if you don't go consignment route or the $100 now and $100 buyback offer

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    If I was going to be around, I have a pretty big "spare" safe that I would be willing to store the collateral items for a 0% $100 loan for a year or two. Change the combo on it to something different and keep it in a sealed envelope in the big safe. That ought to meet the letter and the spirit of whatever law you might be thinking about. Alas, I am slowly cutting ties to the People's Republic so that isn't an option.

Don’t sell the WASR you won’t be able to replace it unless you move.

#1- The WASR is tricky to do legally- short of storing it at an out of state relative/friend's house. WASR is on the (now) banned list, so it cannot be transferred within Marylandistan and if you "sell" it to somebody, you can never "buy" it back.

#2- Ammo Jon or a friend (with an HQL) could do a "stored at a location not accessible to you" type deal. You're not the first person in the predicament.

If you want to sell the collection, that is your choice. The important thing to remember is do not sell the WASR, as you cannot replace it as long as you live in Marylandistan.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

#1- The WASR is tricky to do legally- short of storing it at an out of state relative/friend's house. WASR is on the (now) banned list, so it cannot be transferred within Marylandistan and if you "sell" it to somebody, you can never "buy" it back.

#2- Ammo Jon or a friend (with an HQL) could do a "stored at a location not accessible to you" type deal. You're not the first person in the predicament.

If you want to sell the collection, that is your choice. The important thing to remember is do not sell the WASR, as you cannot replace it as long as you live in Marylandistan.

He can lend me everything though correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom